Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:42:09 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 General Config.  (Read 8155 times)

Mach3 General Config.
« on: September 06, 2010, 06:15:49 AM »
Hi Dave
I have been playing around a while now with your screen - all working great here. When I installed the first of the beta versions from you there was included instructions on how the set up the General Config page in Mach3. Now I can't find that in the later documentation, has it been dropped for the latter versions? or was I just imagining it in the first place?
Thanks
Steve

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 General Config.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 06:59:08 AM »
Steve,

You are not losing it, it WAS removed from later reasons. Dave figured the screen package was far enough along that he didn't need that level of consistancy for support.

Tom
--
Tom
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 07:02:35 AM »
Hi Tom
Thanks for that.
Steve

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 07:38:36 AM »
Oops, I meant "versions", not reasons!! Has anyone ever figured out how typing fingers DO this?

Another thing, Steve. Dave said MSM always worked with the General Config settings any which way. He was just trying for some consistancy for support. After a while he saw he wasn't having any problems with General Config settings, so he dropped it from the setup document. The traffic on this thread has dropped to near nothing, so either MSM is pretty good, or no one is using it!! We hope for the former, eh, Dave?? In MY case anyway, it's good!! I can't imagine using 1024 screens any longer.
--
Tom
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 10:33:13 AM »
Hi,
Current MSM versions should work with any combo of config settings.
The alpha versions had some config setting requirements before Brian added some interfaces so MSM could query some settings.
The beta versions initially had the same instructions to make initial user configurations common so that support would be easier.
The specific config requirements were then dropped - now MSM should work with any config settings combo.

Dave
Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com