Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 12:49:39 AM

Author Topic: jitter onbport r2e3 to mach conversion  (Read 6654 times)

Offline jwhit

•  18 18
    • View Profile
jitter onbport r2e3 to mach conversion
« on: August 30, 2010, 10:21:15 PM »
I am in the process of converting my R2E3 b'port to mach. I have everything hooked up, but when I try to run  a g-code flie it will run it once fine, but if I try to rerun the same file it starts to jitter ???

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: jitter onbport r2e3 to mach conversion
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 02:54:13 AM »
Cant see how running a file once then again could cause problems in itself. What I would do as a test is replace the M30 at the end of the code with a M47 so that the code will repeat and see if you still get the issues.

Any info you can give such as drives/motors/breakout etc used may help track problems down.

Hood

Offline jwhit

•  18 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 06:36:51 AM »
Hood thanks for your response. I have wondered about that. I  am using deskcam to generate the g-code and it uses an M02 as an end file code.  I used Turbocnc previously and it worked ok with it, but will follow your suggestion. Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 06:58:45 AM »
M2 should be fine as well as that's just a programme end where M30 is End and Rewind. So dont think that has been the issue but just to make sure, do you see the M2 in the code window?

Hood

Offline jwhit

•  18 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 09:44:44 AM »
Hood, After the machine goes into jitter on the file, I have aborted the file and when I try to jog it has affected the jog motion also. I can turn everything off wait awhile reboot and the file will run again one time. I am baffled!!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 09:53:58 AM »
Strange one indeed, almost as if something is taking all of your CPU %.
Next time have the task manager open and monitor the CPU usage and see if its near 100% when the jitter starts.
Hood

Offline jwhit

•  18 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 01:21:57 PM »
I tried running the file with the CPU monitor up and it runs at about 20% thru the file, even when in jitter.

Offline jwhit

•  18 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 02:31:28 PM »
Hood, in respose to your first post question. I don't have any info on the drives, breakout, and I am assuming that the servos are the bport OEM units. The machine had been converted to run turbocnc, on a controller built by sb precision in Michigan. It functioned well before the change over. What prompted the change, was the wireless keyboard ceased to read through the USB port. I purchassed a new keyboard,but it did not solve my problem.  I thought the motherboard might be bad, so I thought it would be the time to change over to Mach lll. So I purchased a computer from Sb precision with mach loaded thinking I could get it up and running quickly.
I could take pictures and e-mail them to you if you think that would assest in getting the problem solved.
 Jwhit

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 04:27:48 PM »
Ok so CPU is fine, have you run the driver test to see what the pulse looks like?
Hood

Offline jwhit

•  18 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 08:44:41 AM »
Hood, since I didn't load the program I am at a loss as to how to find the pulse test screen. I have read the pdf. over "ad nausium" and I can't figure out how to get to it. I "right click" the start, but I find no .EXE screen designer,or any of the items mentioned in the pdf. Let me also say that, I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer, when it comes to computer operations.