Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:47:21 AM

Author Topic: Profile creation  (Read 2685 times)

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
Profile creation
« on: August 30, 2010, 07:53:34 PM »
When I start Mach I get the profile selection box and in there is an option to create a new profile.
If I select "create profile" and give it a name and do not check the "use defaults" box, nothing seems to happen, by that I mean if I go ino the Mach directory there are no files by the name I designated and the new profile does not show up in the selection box.
If I check the "use defaults" box a few files and a whole directory get created and the selection is available but the new profile has default settings. I'd rather not go in and adjust everyting all over again. I assume having all these files and direcories is what is required to properly define a profile.
So the question is, how do I create a new profile only slightly different than an already existing one.

Sage

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Profile creation
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 02:29:13 AM »
Use the Mach4 loader and choose Create Profile then click on a profile in the list to clone a profile that you already have, then you can make the changes to the settings when you open that new profile.
Hood

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 07:29:33 AM »
Mach4 ??(four) loader.
You threw me on that.
In any case I went back and looked at what I had already done (described previously) and I now see that the create new profile dialogue (as you mentioned) does allow you to highlight an existing profile from the list labeled "clone from". I hadn't noticed that title on the list. Works fine.
Thanks Hood.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 07:31:37 AM »
Ha ha  yes, should have been Mach3. Maybe I am just subconsciously telling Brian something ;D

Hood