Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:31:31 PM

Author Topic: Calibrate spindle  (Read 6330 times)

Offline kcib

•  74 74
    • View Profile
Calibrate spindle
« on: August 29, 2010, 10:49:12 AM »
Hi Dave
just come across what might be a bug or me not sure , I have just tried to use the Calibrate spindle in the Functions menu , I start the spindle off at 100RPM and the click on the AutoCal button and basically nothing happens in the bottom left of the box that is open in the control RPM box it just stays at zero and the spindle RPM stays at 100RPM and not matter what ever I try I cannot get it to start so that I can calibrate spindle ! I am using the latest version of Mach (19) and Beta 9 MSM and am using Windows 7 , if I try to calibrate spindle with the last generation of Mach (pre MSM) it works fine , if you could give me maybe some idea of anything else I might try I would be most grateful
Thanks
Alan
Re: Calibrate spindle
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 11:56:37 AM »
Alan,
As the spindle calibration stuff is all inside Mach, I don't have much info to offer you for this one.
(Spindle calibration is not part of MSM, which has no knowledge that this concept even exists).

I would like to confirm if "last generation of Mach (pre MSM)" means Mach 3.42.40 ?

Dave

Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com

Offline kcib

•  74 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 04:10:58 PM »
Hi Dave
should have thought about it yes I did mean Mach 3.42.40 , and now realize that is not your Dept , I will reload Mach and see if that makes any difference if not I will post this subject i the correct place if I can find it
Thanks
Alan
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 04:23:31 PM »
Finding the "correct place" to report mach stuff is always a bit "interesting" as there isn't a formal reporting process (as far as I know).

For something that is a straight mach dev release issue, I often find that the yahoo list is more effective that the web forums (just because I know Brain reads the yahoo list more than he prowls the web forums).

I'll also put his on a list of thing to mention when I next talk to him.

Dave

Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com