Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:03:46 AM

Author Topic: Post GCode stopt functioning  (Read 2911 times)

Post GCode stopt functioning
« on: August 25, 2010, 10:48:25 AM »
Till yesterday, LC was working as it suppose to work. Then last night my virus scanner, started operating as planned in a schedule (every Wednesday morning 2am).
This morning, i created a simple square, 100x160mm and 1mm deep. (i did this before and it worked) i imported the DXF in LC  and saved the Lcam project like usual, and then i post it like usual. Only this time nothing append,  the tap-file was not made like it usual did.
After repeating the task a few times with no success i used the old one (tap-file) from a few days back, and milled out my square.
Reading on the forum, did not give any solution. so i removed LC, rebooted the pc and reinstalled LC (downloaded from the web) did check the log of the virus scanner, but Nothing happened or was removed. started Mach3, and from within mach3 LC, opened the LCam project, assigned the tools (they where gone) and try to post once more, with no success.
What did i do wrong, or what can i do to post the Gcode again.

Thomass
:-(
Re: Post GCode stopt functioning
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 03:23:45 AM »
A small update, about the situation,
I found out, that if I reboot the whole system, i can use LC normal, but when I a second time it doesn't want to post. even not a small line.I have to reboot the system to make it work again.
I think, that today i swap my disk for a fresh one, and install Windows and the Mach3 soft completely fresh. just to eliminate other problem sources what might prevent LC to post.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 06:42:48 AM »
Reinstall Mach and LC. Make sure you do a complete install. ( ie; if you install LC seperately after you have installed Mach, it will not post directly to Mach.)
Also remember that you need to start LC from within Mach if you want LC to post directly to MACH. It should however post to a file and to the directory defined in LC if you installed LC post Mach.

RICH
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 09:02:45 AM »
I am trying to use Lazycam for the first time and am having a very similar problem.

When I press the Post Code button, nothing is happening.
Actually, its not quite this simple.
If I open a very simple DXF file, then post the code immediately, it generates the .TAP file and puts it in the folder I specified. However, if I now perform any operation, e.g. creating a toolpath with offset, the path creation works fine, but when I post the code nothing happens. In the Info panel I get the lines:
"Posting File." and "Posting File complete."
but there is no new .TAP file generated anywhere on the computer.

This is really furstrating, Lazycam looks perfect for translating simple dxf into Mach3 readable Gcode, but it just isn't doing what it should.
I have reinstalled both programs as suggested above, but no difference.
Help!

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 05:40:43 PM »
Post the dxf file.
it just isn't doing what it should
Maybe what your thinking it should do, ( that's a mistake if you have not looked at  the manual  ;) ) or it may be what you are telling LC  ???.

I think this is what is happening.
Remember that your instructing LC to create code for a machining task based on selection and cut definition. It imports a dwg and if you don't
want to machine the whole  thing then you need to turn off layers and you can't do that at the entity level.

Example:
Import a rectangle which was drawn in cad and saved as a version 12 dxf.
Create an offset of the rectangle in LC.
Now you have two layers, namely the rectangle ( if you created the rectangle on it's owne layer in CAD with that name  ;)) and also the Offset layer.
So what do you want LC to do with them ??? if you just post code you get code for both layers , if you unenabale / turn off one of the layers then LC will only give
you code for what is enabled and another tap wil be created and posted.

Now, say you select just the rectangle and tell LC what you want LC to do with it ie; maybe just create the code for following the outline, so you post ( LC will
 use defaults which may not be appropriate for your task).
Now, say you want the offset to be machined with the same tool only a deeper cut, then you must tell LC how you want it cut by selecting the tool and definining
how deep you want to cut it. Post code and you will see that another tap version has been written which has the gcode for both machining tasks. 

BTW, You can't do offsets and get posted code with the free version.

RICH