Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:04:30 AM

Author Topic: not circle that is a polygon  (Read 13189 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: not circle that is a polygon
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 12:03:42 PM »
Bob,
I actually  think it is either a bad pulse stream or a mechanical issue. I can however say with confidence that the licence being used is a pirated version. Should support be given for that? personally I think not but as I am not Artsoft I will leave that up to them. I do believe that ayprens may have good intentions and has made a mistake in this case but the licence being pirated is not in question
As for the graphics showing the segments, that is just the way the toolpath is drawn, if you wish to confirm for yourself load some code with an arc (G2, G3) zoom in to it and you will see the same.

Hood
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 12:06:57 PM by Hood »
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 12:27:17 PM »
I am curious how you know its pirated?  I have my perfectly legal copy installed on three machines.  Two of them I use for design work and just use Mach for dry running and reviewing the toolpaths.  One is for actually driving my machine.  Its my understanding that for personal use the license allows you to run Mach on multiple machines.  I have copies of my license files stored in three places so I won't lose them and I can re-install on the fly if I have to, and I have had to when a machine needed to be replaced.  

To the OP:  Sorry about the thread jack, but this is of immense curiosity to me. 

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2010, 12:41:16 PM »
Bob, what you are doing is totally legitimate :)
There are tell tale signs stored in an xml and in this case the xml posted had these signs in it. I believe that the op may well have one or more legitimate licenses but in this case the one being used was not one of them.
I have suggested, by PM, that the OP contacts Scott at Artsoft and I am sure things will get sorted out, if they do then I will be more than happy to help to the best of my ability as I will feel I am not wasting my time :)
Also to let you understand I get PM's asking for support all of the time and at least 3 in the past week have been from new users (no forum posts at all ) who are using pirated versions.
Hood

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2010, 01:30:51 PM »
There have recently been a number of ebay listed pirated copies which I have reported and they have eventually been withdrawn but I suspect there are lots of copies in circulation which are "Licensed To: PAPA FABIO".

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2010, 01:45:44 PM »
Tweakie, yes there are many pirate versions out there, Papa Fabio was at one time the most common but doesnt seem to crop up so much now.

Hood
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2010, 09:29:18 PM »
In how many segments (or  how long each) would Mach 3 draw a 50mm diameter circle? This is just to get an idea of the precision of the software.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2010, 09:55:04 PM »
How close to a perfect circle you can cut is dependant on your machines systems components.

Promech, it is better than your machine.

RICH

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2010, 02:25:30 AM »
In how many segments (or  how long each) would Mach 3 draw a 50mm diameter circle? This is just to get an idea of the precision of the software.

In the toolpath window you will see the segments but on the work itself you should not. The Toolpath is drawn that way to conserve resources and you only really see the segmentation if you zoom in. As Rich said the machine will determine the accuracy of a circle and not what you see in the toolpath window.
Hood

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2010, 06:40:56 AM »
In how many segments (or  how long each) would Mach 3 draw a 50mm diameter circle?

Since this may of interest to licensed users i will post something which will provide a perspective on the question
along with the Gcode.  ;) Thus is gives insight into what is written in the ARC Motion write up on page 4.

Got to go, so probably tonight.

RICH
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2010, 07:16:32 AM »
I am retrofitting a 20 year old industrial lathe which has few hours of work on it (it belonged to a university). I am sure the machine itself is still the limitation. But since the subject was brought up I am curious about Mach´s resolution with simultaneuous movements in X and Z. Maybe the limitation would be related to the steps/per configuration in the Axis Tunning Section? In this case it would be neglegible (about 0.0025mm for me).