Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:40:33 AM

Author Topic: Basic question about Digitizing  (Read 4211 times)

Basic question about Digitizing
« on: August 23, 2010, 05:34:09 PM »
Can anyone direct me to some simple directions to run Art Fenertys Digitize Wizard?  I have tried several times and am just not getting it.

1. After setting
  a. With (X)... +1.5
  b. Height (Y)...+1.5
  c. X axis travel height... +.75
  d. Z axis Probe Depth... .25
  e. X Stepover...+0.060
   f. Y Stepover...+0.060
   g. Feedrate...10
2. Check file Size
3. Click Create and Load G-Code (F)
4. Mach3 opens and displays G-Code
5. I then set and zero X, Y and Z.  Z is setting on Surface of work.
6. Press Cycle Start
7. Enter Save File Name
8. Press Cycle Start and program begins, However, The Probe Tip does not make contact with work surface.  It remains a small distance above surface.
Re: Basic question about Digitizing
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 11:10:35 PM »
OK,

No info available on the Digitize Wizard so lets try Art's Probing Plug in.

Downloaded, installed and configured probing plug in, input parameters and hit Cycle Start.  Prompted to enter file name, did and hit Cycle Start and bingo... well sort of.  The probe moved to center of work area and stopped.

I received a message stating "Previous Sequence Not yet Completed".  At bottom of message was button that stated OK, I clicked OK and the Reset Button activated.  I reset it and got another message stating the same as the first, so I clicked on OK again and the Reset Button activated... again.

I discovered that by simply holding the Enter Button down that the Probe appeared to be doing what I had asked of it.

My question is...

Is this what this plug in is suppose to do or might there be an automated process that should kick in at some point?  I realize that there is no documentation for most of this stuff but has anyone on the forum used this thing and is willing to share the Secret?

Thanks,
Clyde

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 03:56:34 AM »
Hi

This is the dll modified to put on plugin dir.

Andrea
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 09:27:08 AM »
Is there an updated dll for the digitizing Wizard (not the plugin) ?

My issue with the wizard is the 1/2 second pause between the probe touching the subject and the time it takes to retract the probe.
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 03:04:13 PM »
Hi Andrea,

Thank you for the information and driver, it solved the problem.  However, I do have 2 questions;

1. My probe retracts an extra inch above the work piece between moves regardless of what I enter into the setup file, is this normal?
2. Is there a way to stop the probing routine before it ends?  Stop, Estop and Pause will all PAUSE the routine, put when released the routine will resume.

Thanks,
Clyde
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 02:57:05 AM »
Hi

I have no answer for your questions, I use http://www.razordance.co.uk/probe25D.htm
how you can see on my video on Youtube.

This is the manual (Italian language) of my "TASTATORE" if it can serve...

Andrea
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 02:42:55 PM »
Andrea,

Thank you for the help.  I have everything up and running and it all seems to be working fine.

Thanks,
Clyde