Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:23:58 AM

Author Topic: camsoft conversion  (Read 10788 times)

camsoft conversion
« on: August 21, 2010, 05:42:37 PM »
Hi All, a little introduction.
my name is Steve and i'm a recovering camsoft user............

I've been using Mach3 on my Small mill for two years and its worked perfectly..........I dont know why i decided to use camsoft when i converted a bridgeport 412. needless to say it was
not a process id repeat.. it works ,  just not as smoothly as id like and theres too many "things i have to live with" with the code i developed.
  long story short i want to convert my machine to use the mach3 platform.
   i have the galil 1842, with a contec pio16 I\O board hooked to a opti relay board.
   i have just got the machine to communicate to the board and with smart term and mach3.
   i have so many questions, nut reading through the archives has been helpful.. to keep the threads on topic ill try to break them up and thanks for all your help...(in Advance))

can mach 3 use the external I\O board (contec PIO16/16T PCI) to expand the capabilities???

steve

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
Re: camsoft conversion
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 01:27:42 AM »
Steve,

I don't think there is a plugin for that PIO board.  If you have an extra board, send it to me and I'll make a plugin for it.

Steve
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 12:02:24 PM »
I appreciate that....
   i would buy another card for you to play as i dont have any extras, but is there a card you may already have a plugin for.
if i have to buy a card i could buy one thats already online.

steve

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 02:59:35 PM »
I wrote a plugin for the Elexol boards.  24 bits of I/O via USB.  http://www.elexol.com/IO_Modules/USB_IO_24.php

There is also the PoKeys plugin that Scott Shafer wrote.  Pretty neat little device there.

And then any MODBUS device will work for IO.  The Galil RIO, for example.  Kenny wrote a nice tutorial on how to integrate one.

I downloaded the driver for and docs for that PIO-16/16T.  The offer still stands for that if you like.

Steve
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 06:09:27 PM »
do any of the modbus or othe i/o card you mentioned have the ability to run the opto22 g4bp24 relay boards??
thats what i have wired. id rather not get into the rewiring or the machine, but find the best choice to control the relay
board i have.
if the RIO will i'm currently trying to hunt down kenny's tutorial to review..

i dont know how much work is involved in writing a plugin but i'm thrilled you'd put one together for me.
i'm trying to sort out the options as i have no problem buying a new i/o card, i dont want you to go through the effort unless
it makes the most sense.

thanks   steve
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 06:43:50 PM »
do any of the modbus or othe i/o card you mentioned have the ability to run the opto22 g4bp24 relay boards??
thats what i have wired.

Hello Steve.

I also have that configuration and like to move it to Mach3 from camsoft, I think that there is no problem configuring the galil pluging but I am wondering if is there any alternative for the opto22 relay board.

Did you finally configure the galil with the opto22?

thanks,

Jorge B.

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 07:03:08 PM »
I have never configured a opto22 with the galil.  :( They have instructions on how it is done on the Galil web site.  And it depends on what is driving the opto22 board.  If it is a Contec card, I wrote a plugin for capsteve that can be downloaded.  If the galil is already wired directly to it (using extended io, etc...), then all you have to do is some galil plugin config.

Steve
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2013, 08:08:49 AM »
Jorge, the opto22 was the easiest to setup. I used a 24 relay board. It left me plenty of flex ability and room for expansion.
Steve

Hello Steve.

I also have that configuration and like to move it to Mach3 from camsoft, I think that there is no problem configuring the galil pluging but I am wondering if is there any alternative for the opto22 relay board.

thanks,

Jorge B.
[/quote]
thats what i have wired.

Hello Steve.

thanks,

Jorge B.
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 09:12:34 AM »
then where is this cconfigured? on the extended I/O tab of the Galil pluin?
I don't want to start if I am not completely sure, Thanks

Jorge, the opto22 was the easiest to setup. I used a 24 relay board. It left me plenty of flex ability and room for expansion.
Steve
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2013, 10:28:00 PM »
Hello steve

I am trying to use this plugin but looks like the file is corrupted, see attachments

If it is a Contec card, I wrote a plugin for capsteve that can be downloaded.

Steve