Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 12:18:23 AM

Author Topic: Post Code doesn't do anything.  (Read 4229 times)

Post Code doesn't do anything.
« on: August 18, 2010, 09:41:23 PM »
Total noob here so there is probably something totally obvious that I'm missing.  I've been playing around with LC and MACH3 just trying to get the feel of things but I can't get LC to POST code to MACH3 or save the G-Code anywhere.  It saves the LCam file ok as I can reopen the lcam file ok.

The manual states: "Click POST code button and the code is sent to MACH3, click ok in the posting box."

I don't get the "posting box" nor can I find where the g-code is saved.  I've tried everything from the most basic "square" to a complicated "inlay" design.

Any pushes in the correct direction would be greatly appreciated.

Chunk

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Post Code doesn't do anything.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 06:28:38 AM »
When you click post code it sends that file to a directory of your choice, see the SETUP>POSTING OPTIONS and you will find that you can set the default directory via browsing. You need to run LC via Mach ( FILE>LAZYCAM ) in order for it to post the code to Mach. If your open LC first and then open Mach it will not post directly to Mach.

You can post code after say cleaning the file and any rapids or cutting will be based on the default settings. Normaly you would go in and define
what you want to machine along with tool and cutting paramters to be used.

Are you using a licensed version of Mach and LC?  Can affect posting. Some features of LC are limited if you do not have a license for it.

RICH
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 08:16:26 AM »
When you click post code it sends that file to a directory of your choice, see the SETUP>POSTING OPTIONS and you will find that you can set the default directory via browsing. You need to run LC via Mach ( FILE>LAZYCAM ) in order for it to post the code to Mach. If your open LC first and then open Mach it will not post directly to Mach.

This is exactly what I'm doing and I get nothing.  I've tried to import from Mach3 and I get an error about [not being able to find a running Mach3 program].  It acts like the two programs are not communicating together.

Are you using a licensed version of Mach and LC?  Can affect posting. Some features of LC are limited if you do not have a license for it.

Limited / restricted version.

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 01:31:08 PM »
I just uninstalled everything.  I re-downloaded the latest stable version (Version R3.042.040).  Re-installed Mach3 w/ LC option checked and used all of the default install settings.  The POST code still doesn't do anything!  I'm at a loss.  ???  I was under the impression that the locked down version should at least allow you to get a little G-Code into Mach3.  Maybe not?

I also tried this, which didn't work either:

• Start Mach3 using the Mach3Mill desktop shortcut
  • Loaded the Road Runner G-Code file
  • Start LC from Mach3 (FIle->LazyCam)
  • Click the Mach3 Load icon on the toolbar
I get the following message in the project window:

Code: [Select]
Loading Mach3 file..
Attaching to Mach3.
No Mach3 found running.
Error finding Mach3 File.
Loading complete..

Any thoughts as to what I'm doing wrong?

I tried installing the DotNet fix but it gives me an error because I have a newer version installed.  Do I really need to uninstall dotNet 2.0 SP1 just to install the dotnet fix?  I would think that SP1 should include the fix in it, maybe not?

cc
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 01:33:49 PM by Chunky C »

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 06:59:39 PM »
LC imports "dxf" files. The Roadrunner file is a ( .tap ) file and can be found in MACH>GCODE subdirectory.
You open Mach and load the tap file and you should see it in Mach mill screen. Is that so on your end?

You don't load the tap file from LC.
You need to create a ( .LCAM ) file from within LC and then you post to Mach if you want the code to come back into LC.
or
You import a DXF file into LC and post to MACH.

Hmm  see 7.2 on page 23 of the manual.....need to clarify the words as they are misleading....someday!

BTW, I assume you don't have a LC license but do have a Mach3 license.

RICH
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 07:02:30 PM by RICH »