Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:25:29 AM

Author Topic: need help  (Read 4289 times)

need help
« on: August 18, 2010, 04:42:59 PM »
Hi, I have been using NSW for some time but never had to combine actions before. I need to pocket a square 1/2" deep and then start a round pocket at the bottom of that one. When I try to add the round pocket there is no option to start the cut at Z-.5, so I waste a lot of time cutting through 1/2" of air. Am I missing something? Maybe a setting I did not see?  ???
"Gravity, its not just a good idea its the law"

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: need help
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 05:14:21 PM »
You could change the sequence such that you do the hole first and then the square ( depends on which is deeper and if you would save any time). Wizards are kind of meant to be used individualy ,and when you combine them ,then some manual coding changes will be required between steps.
RICH
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 07:14:15 PM »
You could change the sequence such that you do the hole first and then the square ( depends on which is deeper and if you would save any time). Wizards are kind of meant to be used individualy ,and when you combine them ,then some manual coding changes will be required between steps.
RICH

OK thanks.
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 09:17:02 PM »
The NFS  wizards do support building complex programs by combining actions, but they do not allow changing the Z, as you have discovered.

This has been requested before and I have considered doing it, but it can lead to many ways to crash a tool if you are not careful. I have always figured wizards were for simple operations and should not make it easy to crash tools.
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 08:51:02 PM »
I understand but it sure would be nice as an option.