Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 01:17:41 PM

Author Topic: How to use PoPendant and PoKeys in Mach  (Read 4116 times)

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
How to use PoPendant and PoKeys in Mach
« on: August 17, 2010, 05:14:12 PM »
Hi all!

Finaly I have got some time and writted manual with Scotts great help.
Link is here: http://www.poscope.com/product.php?pid=3
It is made with lot of pictures, so even kids and grandmother should understand it.
There is also configuration file for PoKeys.

regards

Boris
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
Re: How to use PoPendant and PoKeys in Mach
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 10:56:54 AM »
Very nice, Boris, thank you.

As request, (and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone here )  I'd love to see a manual done for the LCD screen uasgae and installation  ;)

Thanks again,
Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 02:38:49 PM »
Will do that once, but cannot promise when.
How to connect and configure LCD is described in PoKeys user manual. It is simple and straighfoward.
Configuring in Mach is also simple. Just select PoPendant and it should work.

regards

Boris
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 04:40:48 PM »
Dave,

The summery version of the how to use a LCD is this.

Hook up the LCD physcially to the PoKeys per the manual, make sure you hook to the SECONDARY LCD position.
Then set up the LCD in the PK softare, and download the config.
In mach tick the check box that says: "Use LCD Display (pins 28-43 used by LCD)"
Set the number of lines and the number of characters per line.

you then have TWO options to write to the LCD.

YOu can fill in the Line1-the max number of lines your LCD will display, each line is represented by a "User LABEL in Mach3" you can write to these User lables
in VB from a button or macro pump, or macro, or what ever. what ever you send to that User Label will display on the line that the User label represents.

The other options is:
you can put a "String" into the message line under the quick picks, you tick the box of the row you want to write to, and put in the User or OEM LED that will "fire off" that message. When the light is LED is ON, then the message you put on the quick pick line will display on the LCD.

Quick pick example is this: if you tick use quick pick row/line1, and have it watch LED 800 (800 is the Estop OEM LED), and you put in the message box  "Estop is Active", then when ever mach is in estop, then the message will display on line 1.

If you want to have Text contrast and Backlight brightness control, press the "Config LCD PWM outputs) and you can set the "sliders" to set how you want it to look, and it is remembered.

scott

fun times