Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 05:25:38 AM

Author Topic: PoKeys version 10.4 is out  (Read 3162 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
PoKeys version 10.4 is out
« on: August 16, 2010, 07:51:22 PM »
Greettings just sent PoKeys version 10.4 installer to Boris of PoKeys. He is sleeping now, since he is 7 hour ahead of me in the US. But, he will get the installer up on his site tommorrow.

What this version does:

Boris fixed a Firmware bug that delt with encoder issues, and he had me move two pins (5 and 6), for the Pendants listed on the Pendants page: 4 and 6 axis, and the PoPendant.

Per "Andrew" of Mach Motions request, I added an "Estop" feature that if the PoKeys becomes Disconnected (unplugged) during Mach running, it will estop mach (but only ONCE after the USB/HID in windows notes that the device is disconnected), the delay from device unplugged till windows notifying the plugin and the plugin placing Mach into Estop is approximatly 1 second or so Plus or Minus depending on the speed of your comp.....  Usually right when you hear the "Da-Dink" (USB unplugged sound), the Estop triggers. You can replug the pokeys after you hear that sound, and when the "Dink-DA" sound (USB plugged in) sound happens, you will see the PoKeys running again (i.e things like the PK monitor or the "Tick Counter DRO" will be running again.

NOTE:  Boris of PoKeys is making an "Users Manual" on how to hook up and use those common 4 and 6 axis Chinese Pendants like he, CNC4PC and others sell. He is also comming out wth a "PoPendant" kit as well at some point......
In regards to the above, the Chinese versions of the 4 and 6 axis pendants that he and aurturo sell, come wired from the factory with the enable switch/button that provides power to the Axis selector switch when pushed, So that you get the Automatic switch over from continous to MPG jog when the axis selector is enabled for the MPG on the pendant, when the button is NOT enabled (not pushed/held down), it will default mach back into "Continous Jog" ONCE upon transition from enabled to disabled. if you have a version of these pendants that the enable switch is NOT wired like the above the pendant dialog set up will not work for you.

Scott

fun times
Pokeys pendant plugin
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 02:56:40 PM »
Hi,,
Installed mpg and switches as described in manual (the latest from POlabs site),, installed lateste Pokeys soft and mach plugin,, all the settings also as in manual,,
When I push the selector button,, the step "magnifier" goes correct to 1 , 0.1 or  0.01 resolution,, but the axis selector does weird things,,
Without the standard 4 /6 axis pendant checked, and selecting on the mach screen,, everything works well,,
What am i missing,,?¿
Re: PoKeys version 10.4 is out
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 03:26:40 PM »
forgot 1 thing,,
My  2 "selector" switches are acting normally in the standard pokeys an mach3 pokeys screen,,

Thanks in advance,,