Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 06:32:25 AM

Author Topic: PoKeys Mach3 PlugIn – What am I missing ?  (Read 10484 times)

PoKeys Mach3 PlugIn – What am I missing ?
« on: August 16, 2010, 12:51:21 PM »
Got my new PoKeys hardware today and connected it to my USB port.  Installed the PoKeys55 v2.1.14 software and updated the firmware on the hardware to v2.1.14[Aug 13 2010], this is all working just fine.

Then download the Mach_Pk_plug10-3.zip and ran the Mach_Pk_plug_10.3.msi installer.  It seems to install ok, as it copied several files and created a folder in Mach3\PlugsIns called PoKeysres

I start up Mach3(R3.042.040) and but do not see anything under the PlugIn Control Menu?

Is there more to this?  Need some help getting started.

Thanks,
JH
Re: PoKeys Mach3 PlugIn – What am I missing ?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 02:25:38 PM »
First time using the PlugIn Control feature of Mach3.  I now see you have to enable each PlugIn.

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 02:26:00 PM »
In Mach3, go to Config, Config Plugins and put a green check in front of the PoKeys plugin to turn it on. That should do it.

You could also switch to the Pokeys screenset if you wish, in Mach3, View, Load Screens, pick pokeys.set. It just gets you another tab with PoKeys stuff on it.
--
Tom

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 03:45:36 AM »
Hi!

Just today there is a new plugin uploaded to www.poscope.com
I am almost finished with manual "How to use Pendant and PoKeys in Mach" Which I am promising for months.
It should be uploaded in a week.

regards

Boris
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 10:51:25 AM »
Looking forward to a manual / user guide for the Mach3 Plug-In.  If its as good as the manual for the PoKeys software, then it will be a success!

So far the PoKeys hardware and PoKeys software is very nice, just getting started with Mach3 Plug-In.

JH

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 02:11:10 PM »
JH,

Hey the PDF that bois is publishing is for the "Pendant" portion of the Plugin. In the plugin, the main plugin PoKeys config page, you will see a "Help" button. When you press this it launches a Flash Driven Help app. That covers the basics of the PoKeys. The PoKey is soooo highly configurable, it would be hard to cover all the ways you can use it.

If you have specific questions, that you dont feel or covered good encough, please post your questions here.
My self, or Boris, and/or perhaps Aurturo will answer them.

All of use like you, "Work for a living", and do this kinda stuff as a sideline buiz, or hobbie or full time buiz depending on who your talking to...... hehhehee.  So, we will answer as we can, when we can.

BTW: I got a HOG (Ultra-Classic:  Three rear hard bags are the wifes purse, the little pocket on the fairing is where I get to keep my stuff....), so I would LOVE to see some pics of your chops!! (and any custom parts you sell/make?).

Scott
fun times

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 04:50:49 PM »
Hi!

Finally made: http://www.poscope.com/product.php?pid=3
There is also PoKeys configuration file, which could be used to prevent some errors.

regards

Boris
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 05:05:34 PM »
BTW: I got a HOG (Ultra-Classic:  Three rear hard bags are the wifes purse, the little pocket on the fairing is where I get to keep my stuff....), so I would LOVE to see some pics of your chops!! (and any custom parts you sell/make?).
Scott

Ultra is a great bike for riding 2 up.  RoadKing for me and the wife when we ride.  This is my chop below, it started out a stock softail FXSTC

If you want see more and the parts we make, check out www.jhchoppers.com

Thanks,
JH