Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:07:35 AM

Author Topic: I need urgent help..!please...  (Read 8626 times)

Re: I need urgent help..!please...
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 07:01:29 PM »
I started to feel like myself stupid :'( :'( :'( :'(
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2010, 07:04:31 PM »
Do you know another language? German? Italian?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2010, 02:37:20 AM »
No afraid not.
Hood
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2010, 06:11:37 AM »
I think he wants to be able to do some work in there with his hands, and not have the cutter in the way. so he would like the machine to go to a safe position when a button is pressed, let him get in there and move clamps, remove chips, whatever hes doing, and then press the button again to get back to where he was in the program. The VB script would need to save the current position and line in the program, go to a safe z, then go to x0y0, and on the next press of the button go back to that position on the xy then z before finally resuming the program at the line it stopped on. i don't know how to do this, but thought we should think about what the problem really is first and hope that i have interpreted it correctly. isnt it easy to write this data to a text file and read it later in VB? you might not even have to save what line you are on if you can call the feed hold button from the VB script and just be exactly in the same spot when you resume- the program should just still be at that line. also, turning off the spindle would be required im sure.

Offline olf20

•  325 325
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2010, 09:06:46 AM »
I'm not sure how reliable it is, but if you press Feed Hold, then Stop, move to your safe location,
then press Run From Here followed by Start, Mach will prompt you that it is going to move
back to the lines ordinates.
Not sure if this will help.
olf20 / Bob
Mach3, Atlas Knee Mill, 4th Axis, VcarvePro, ESS, Super PID.
Been Heating with corn since 1998
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2010, 09:47:41 AM »
I understand this is a safe procedure, how do I do? I want to do the event; FEED HOLD button when the current coordinates in mind to keep, and Z axis = 10, X and Y axis = 0 will do, then the CYCLE START button when you keep in mind that the coordinates will come back and stay where he starts going to ... Mehmet

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2010, 10:06:39 AM »
Ok sounds like what I said way back

FeedHold -> Store position -> G0X10Y0

Start -> Move to stored position -> Continue with code

Is that correct?

Hood
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2010, 10:09:12 AM »
yeah right, in the same way

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2010, 10:12:56 AM »
lol you should have said that way back ;D

Ok as I said I am not good at VB but I will try.
You will need 2 buttons on your screen, one will be for             FeedHold -> Store position -> G0X10Y0
The other will be for                                                         Start -> Move to stored position -> Continue with code

I will try and write the VB and post back later but I am working now so it may be 3 or 4 hours.

Hood
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2010, 10:16:09 AM »
I'm sorry to keep you busy ... I 'm sorry that prevents you from working. I'll use it for machine quilting. not a matter of time. come easily when you look great, greetings from TURKEY ... Mehmet     msn:  kosemehmet2002@hotmail.com