Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:02:15 PM

Author Topic: Bead support poKeys  (Read 5999 times)

Bead support poKeys
« on: August 11, 2010, 06:56:26 AM »
So after several writtings whit Boris Zalokar I stay at the same way as 2 mouth before

So the plug in from Mach don't work I can set up the pokeys whit all the inputs and and outputs, but to get it work whit Mach 3 you can forget
so the last generation plug that he have write don't work.

I have ask to get every detail to get a 4 as predant on work but till now I don't get a clear answer the help funtion on the plug in is not clear and photo are not good to see what stays on it
if he was smart he made some instrution like Peter Horman did for Modio

but the best thing is to put the pokeys in the trascan and to put there no more engery in it.

So pepole in West Europe special in Benelux think 2 times before you buy this product it is not sure that it will work on you windows version

greetings Benny

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
Re: Bead support poKeys
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 07:11:29 AM »
Dear Benny!

Thanks for bitching us.
After a lot of efforts to help you, you did not even read manual for PoKeys plugin for Mach, which Scott writted for purpose.
In fact as you wroted in your email PoKeys is working well, you are not configured plugin as you should. If you do not follow manual for plugin even god will not help you.
Many PoKeys users will agree that PoKeys is just working fine IF you follow manual.
Thanks again for defamation.

Boris
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 10:20:55 AM »
As the saying goes:   RTFM

scott
fun times

Offline tantan

•  130 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 02:53:02 AM »
i am very sorry octopus, but i have to reply to your bitching.

I HAVE NEVER HAD BETTER SUPPORT THAN FROM BORIS AND SCOTT AND ALL THE OTHERS ON THE MACH FORUM. most of the time i have a reply within hours!! even on Saturday and sunday. the reply is always to the point and very helpfull. if you ever have tried to get support from big companies you know what i am talking about.

so please stop bitching, read the f manual, and let these people do there jobs, which they do excellent.

TanTan
the netherlands
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 05:49:30 AM »
OK i am now gonna have to support octopus80 on this

Now some people (me included) are maybe not that good at understanding manuals especially where programming and electronics are involved.

Now let's go over to the main forum & Start a thread (My Motors Don't Turn) so the first person says RTFM

Hood along with others goes out of his way to answer the same questions over and over again how good would this forum be if every answer was RTFM, well you probably wouldn't need a forum so you download or buy the the software you get a greeting email saying any problems just RTFM

Now Boris has been asked why he doesn't give more detailed answers and his answer is to say family commitments other time restraints he doesn't have the time etc, but in my mind it would be more efficient to add that question with a detailed answer/example to the manual so us dummy's can understand.
The Good Thing About Mach3, Is It's very Configurable

The Bad Thing About Mach3, Is It's Too Configurable

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 04:58:13 PM »
Phil!

I will not comment these, but you do know very little facts about that case.

Finaly I have got some time and writted manual with Scotts great help.
Link is here: http://www.poscope.com/product.php?pid=3
It is made with lot of pictures, so even kids and granmother should understand it.

regards

Boris
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 05:11:43 PM by borisz »
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 03:53:28 AM »
Phil!

I will not comment these, but you do know very little facts about that case.

Finaly I have got some time and writted manual with Scotts great help.
Link is here: http://www.poscope.com/product.php?pid=3
It is made with lot of pictures, so even kids and granmother should understand it.

regards

Boris

Hi Boris,

Thanks for the reply,

I will put the manual to the test soon. I appreciate i do not know about the OP's situation but i was making a point that some people do not have the ease of upstanding the manual that the writer would have.

I prefer a manual that has the theory and a working example i can then understand more how it applies to my situation rather than just theory alone. But i always try a search for a similar problem before asking for help.

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 11:18:06 AM »
Phil,  (and others),

I also have to chime in here.  I spent SEVERAL hours with the guy above trying to get his application working, over skype. After ALOT of trouble shooting, I found out that he did NOT READ the manual (Flash Help File), and he changed all the stuff without that comes from the plugin installer that is made for the things to work in as close to "Plug and Play" as I can make it. If he would have just read the Help file, there would have been NO problem at all. After I restored his PoKeys.xml and plugin config BACK to what it comes in the installer, it worked.

I do the best I can, with the installers, I spend many, many hours making the "read me" and Flash Helps, Boris writes a User's Manual as well.
If a user doesnt bother to at least LOOK at that stuff then comes on here, ESPECIALLY after I have spend several hours trying to help they guy out and get him running, for him to turn around and then BAD-MOUTH Boris is pure CRAP!!  I have ZERO tolarance for that kinda guy.

Pokeys like Mach3 is HIGHLY configurable, and like mach3 there is many, many ways to do things, I just show the basics of what stuff is/does.
I leave it to the user, (and each one of us has his OWN idea of how and what they want to do with this or that), to implement thier own design.
I don't get Paid by Boris or "PoScope" for what I do, and do the plugin stuff to help the community to access a very cool little product.
When I helped that guy he didnt give me a dime eigther for several hours of work.

So, after this incident, I personnally have told boris that I will no longer provide Free user support to the PoKeys. I may answer questions, on the pokeys, but I sure wont spend that kind of time, again to an ungratful SOB ever again without being paid. It is JUST not worth it.

Sorry, if this seams like a rant, but, I am sick and tired of RUDE people who spit in the face of those who try to help them.

scott

fun times
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 07:13:24 AM »
Scott,

There are many people here that appreciate your efforts me included, but i can understand how you might feel after your experience with the OP.

Now what's that saying "All bad workmen blame their tools" add software to the list. :)