Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 03:56:58 PM

Author Topic: Bunch of a questions  (Read 6674 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Bunch of a questions
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 07:35:22 AM »
Try loading the standard screenset and see if that helps.

Hood
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 07:43:53 AM »
already tried(

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 07:59:04 AM »
Seems to work fine here using your xml, Y moves, switch is seen, it backs off then sets zero. X then moves and sees switch then backs off then sets zero.

I presume your switches are Normally open switches by the way your xml is set up, is that correct?

Oh and to answer your previous question, that is correct, when pressing the Ref All button your Z will move first, then Y then X then A etc. As you dont have a Z then it will move Y first.
The Go to Zero is moving your axis to work offset zero and will move both axis at the same time.

Hood
Hood
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010, 08:11:52 AM »
Yeah. My switches are open collector with PNP. So when not triggered = 5V , triggered = 0V. In ports&pins is set ActiveLow on every sensor.
I just dont understand, why mach3 skippes homeswitch tiggering and continuing to move...
You have said: "Y moves, switch is seen, it backs off then sets zero."
Maybe with this "backs off" stage is something wrong. Maybe there is some setting, that will say, how much you need to back off... or smth like that.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 08:14:12 AM by artemonster »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2010, 08:20:38 AM »
Maybe there is some setting, that will say, how much you need to back off... or smth like that.
Mach backs off until it sees the Input going inactive again. I dont understand why homing is not working for you if you are seeing the home input LED go active when the switch is hit then Mach has to be seeing it as it is showing on the diagnostics page.

If I think of anything else I will shout back but afraid I am out of ideas at the moment :(

Hood
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2010, 08:29:38 AM »
Ok. But anyway, biig thanks for help!

Also, Serial Port problem solved. This serial monitor have took control of port. So i've changed there setting to port 2, leaving in general settings port 1. Now all works fine, and VB has access to com port ^^

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2010, 09:13:24 AM »
I have something in the back of my mind about someone else having problems with prox sensors and homing. I think it was the Yahoo group so might be worth your while posting there and seeing if you can get an answer.

Good that you have the serial working :)
Hood