Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:11:59 PM

Author Topic: Bunch of a questions  (Read 6649 times)

Bunch of a questions
« on: August 10, 2010, 05:46:18 AM »
Hello everyone,

recenly i have made my system and now want to clarify some problems, that have occured.
Please sorry, if theese questions already were answered(i have searched in forum, but couldn't find any answers)
So:

1)Serial output wont work. I've enabled Event Driven Serial Control under Ports&Pins, Configured Baudrate at GeneralConfig.
So i have serial data sniffer, and if i send commands with Serial Monitor(that one under Function Cfg's menu) its all ok- sniffer shows all data, that was sent.
But i need to send commands from a macro. like M666.m1s contains:
SendSerial("EMON") - and this doesnt work. also tried  Call SendSerial("EMON") - doesn't work also.
Any ideas?

2) Limit switches. So i have 3 switches for every axis(2 of them) 2 limit and 1 homing.
So when limit switch is triggered, Mach3 comes in ESTOP mode, and disables all command execution, so i cant even turn off windings, to manually adjust position of my XY-Table. Do i need some kind of external switch\button, that will disable my limitsensors? Wiring is simple: every switch(hall effect sensor with open collector) is directly connected trough a pull-down resistor to the LPT input.
And also homing problem: Mach3 makes homing per software, and doesn't look at home sensors (just till X and Y coordinates per software will be zeros)
So i need that he will make homing, until homing switches are triggered.

Thanks.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Bunch of a questions
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 06:06:30 AM »
Sorry cant be of any help with serial  as I have only ever used serial Modbus.

For your limits there is an override button on I think Diagnostics page, press that and you can reset and jog off. There is also an Auto one which allows you just to reset and jog off without having to press the override button.

How are you doing the Homing move?

Hood
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 06:30:25 AM »
Thanks for help. Autooverride really helped!
I do homing with
REF ALL HOME button
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 06:35:25 AM by artemonster »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 06:39:38 AM »
Ok sounds like your home switches are active when not hit, either that or they are not configured correctly in Ports and Pins. Have a look on diagnostics and see if they are lit when you press and go out when not. If its the opposite then change the active state.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 06:42:45 AM »
With ports&pins is all ok. When i manually move XY-Table, at Diagnostics tab all looks fine. When triggered, lights with yellow.
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 06:49:35 AM »
I cant figure out, what's going on with offests. Now showed, X +128.7000 and Y -9.9
And when i press homing button, Y just starts do decrement

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 06:50:14 AM »
When you press Ref All do the axis start to move ?
Do the Machine Coordinates zero?

If you attach your xml I can have a look and see if I can replicate your issue.
Hood
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 07:07:13 AM »
So i've started the system, and ajusted table so, that it is at home position. then i have pressed Zero X and Zero Y to make coords 0. But machine coords are 136 and -79.
And when i press ref all home - only Y axis start to move, and it passes Home mark ( at diagnostics tab M2Home lits yellow and then turn black again) and continuing to move for eternity =)
What kind of xml file do you need?
And big thanks for your support!

At diagnostics tab:
     Current position    Machine Coord    Work Offset
X    0                       +107                 +107
Y    0                       -84                   -84
I've tried to make offsets zero, but it wont work(
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 07:09:48 AM by artemonster »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 07:11:36 AM »
The xml is the one for your profile, if using the standard Mach3Mill profile then it will be called Mach3Mill.xml, if you have a custom profile then it will be called by the name of your custom profile. You will find it in your main Mach3 folder.
To attach to the forum use the additional options button to then browse to the file on your drive. You will likely need to rename it though as the forum only accepts a file once so copy the xml to your desktop first and rename to artemonster.xml

Hood
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 07:20:38 AM »
Here it is.
It's really strange, that when i press REF ALL HOME only 1 axis moves. When i press GO TO ZERO, then all 2 are moving