Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:50:20 AM

Author Topic: Z stepper movement  (Read 3463 times)

Z stepper movement
« on: August 06, 2010, 06:34:27 PM »
Hi again,
I fixed my limit switch triggering problem thanks to reply's from three members, everthing appears to be working fine except the z axis, doesn't mater what values i put into motor tuning the axis always moves the same amount. Enter 1" moves 1/4" 4" moves 1"No problems with X and Y What am i overlooking ?
Thanks
Bernie

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Z stepper movement
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 01:46:57 AM »
Hi Bernie,

I suggest that your 'steps per' are incorrect. Is there any possibility that you are not saving the axis settings after you are making the changes ?

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 08:12:05 PM »
HI TWEEKIE,
SPENT A LOT OF TIME TRYING DIFFERENT IDEAS BUT NOTHING HAS WORKED. Z STEPPER STILL ONLY TRAVELS SAME AMOUNT NO MATTER WHAT MOTOR TUNING AS I MENTIONED BEFORE  X AND Y ARE  OK AND RESPOND TO ANY ALTERATION IN MOTOR TUNING.HAVE  ANY OTHER MEMBERS HAD A SIMILAR PROBLEM?
THANKS
BERNIE

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 08:24:33 PM »
Try swapping the drives via the cables to the motor and using the current  X axis drive to move the Z axis. Change the steps per of X  as required.

RICH
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 10:23:12 PM »
Hi Rich thanks for your suggestion, here is what I have done.Removed z and x axis plugs
plugged x axis into z and typed in command g0 g20 z1, stepper moved approx 1/4" altered motor tuning by 1000 steps stepper responded to an increase in movement.
Next removed removed x plug from z axis and plugged z into x typed in same command  movement 1/4"changed motor tuning steps by 2000  movement still the same.??
Before I reconnected the steppers I rewired the Z axis one and changed over a pair of wires reversing it. on start up it moved 1" i thought my troubles were over when I went to calibrate it it reverted back to same problem. no response to motor tuning.looks like the stepper motor might be the problem what do you think?The DRO readout register the correct amounts.
Thanks again
Bernie