Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:15:10 AM

Author Topic: Debounce quetion  (Read 7977 times)

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
Debounce quetion
« on: October 20, 2006, 01:38:25 AM »
Can someone explain the difference between "debounce interval" and "index debounce"

And the effect of useing one rather than the other or both?

Hood

Re: Debounce quetion
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 01:58:44 AM »
I think Index debounce is specific to the Index pulse (spindle speed sensor)  Debounce Interval is probably more related to other Inputs such as limits.
Hood

Offline chad

•  361 361
  • When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 02:07:36 AM »
Debouncing; What is it and what is used for? Well, if you ever looked at the current through (or the voltage across) a mechanical switch or a relay as it was changing states you would notice that the transition is not always a nice, clean step function. Often there are several changes before the switch makes its transition. In this case, the switch is said to be "bouncing". However, the same behavior can be observed in dirty switches or switches that are switching a heavy load.
Debouncing routines sample the switch's state at a fairly high rate. When a change in the state is detected, the routine will count anywhere from 1 to whatever the debounce number is set to. Mach samples to make sure the transition was not a glitch and that the switch has settled to its new state. The higher the number the longer it waits to verify that the switch has indeed been triggered and is not just noise from servo,spindle, etc.

As hood pointed out "debounce interval" I believe applies to every input except the spindle sensor (index debounce). The spindle sensor is used for rigid tapping, motor speed control, and turning and css on a lathe.

Chad

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 02:31:51 AM »
Thanks Hood and Chad

I did understand about switches bouncing and the problems but wasn't sure about the two options on Config page.

So it looks as if I only need to consider "debounce interval" as I have no spindle sensor. (mill)

Thanks again.

Offline chad

•  361 361
  • When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 02:34:09 AM »
No problem.
chad

:)