Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 07:48:01 AM

Author Topic: Z Zero touch plate, and Sound Logic board questions?  (Read 4006 times)

Z Zero touch plate, and Sound Logic board questions?
« on: July 26, 2010, 03:37:30 PM »

YeeHaa!, my first post!

I have a Romaxx WD-1 with a closed loop option using a Sound Logic encoder board.
I known next to nothing about this stuff, and I'm not even going to try to get the closed loop working, but what I whould like to get working is a Z-Zero touch plate.
I am using Mach3, and VCarve Pro, and for the most part everything works, but specifically does anyone know what pin to connect the plate wire to, and where on this board it is?
In Mach3 how would I configure this?
I've read some stuff on this, but it usually assumes you have a clue or 2. The lingo- encoder, port address, breakout board, and all the rest makes my head hurt.
Can anyone offer an explanation of how to get this working, preferable dumbed down to idiot level. :P
The second printerport is installed, and connected and enabled in Mach3.
Thanks very much.[/size][/size][/size]

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,197 9,197
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Z Zero touch plate, and Sound Logic board questions?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 02:32:27 AM »
Hi Upthecreek,

Welcome to the forum - lots of nice and pretty clever people here only too willing to help.

Here is a link to what I did and the way I did it if that is any help to you  http://www.cooperman.talktalk.net/files/17.htm
The thing about Mach is there is always more than one way to do everything and this may not be the best way but it works for me. (I use metric units which you may want to convert to imperial).

Tweakie.
PEACE
Re: Z Zero touch plate, and Sound Logic board questions?
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 04:16:56 PM »
Thanks Tweakie, your the man! You have an excellent site as well. Looks like I've got a lot of reading to do, and likely
many questions :P