Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:53:12 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 for embroidery machine  (Read 31142 times)

Offline khalid

•  213 213
    • View Profile
    • My Wood carving
Re: Mach3 for embroidery machine
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 03:24:27 PM »
Okay.. I think there is No. of Posts/Page settings... But the Post No. are same... SO follow the Post No. 388 and 389 and read upto 10 posts before and after these posts..
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 11:48:25 PM »
Hi, Link is exactly this, I checked right now

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57404&page=33

Also you should read in  pag 34 a post about Regional Configuration in  WINDOWS-

rEGARDS
RENE

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2010, 01:52:13 AM »
Khalid,

You are quite right, the link is in post #388 but the paging system is dynamic and now this post is appearing on page 4 on my system.  ;D ;D

Thanks for your help.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 05:24:16 AM »
Hey Tweakie,

I got a question for you.  I was playing around with the GCode files that I use for patterns, for my CNC Quilter, and I set up a file to repeat the pattern using G98 and L for the number of repeats.  I noticed after the first pattern ran, and the program hit the M99 at the bottom of the file, the whole pattern slowed down tremendously, like maybe 400 percent of the original speed.  Any idea what may cause this?

Larry

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2010, 06:04:43 AM »
Sorry Larry, I am no expert on using the G98 / L.. and M99 return commands as I don't think I have ever used them other than in the pre-coded Wizards where I had no problem with the code slowing down.
Not much help I am afraid.  :(

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2010, 10:12:29 AM »
Ok, thanks anyway.  Have a great day Tweak.

Larry
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2010, 05:10:28 AM »
Hi Tweakie

I have an off the wall question for you.  Here goes, I am in the process of automating the upper takeup roller of my CNC Quilter, and I am running into a programming issue.  I have constructed a moving plate to carry the upper roller and roll it up as it travels forward, and unroll it when it reverses.  That all works fine.  The question is regarding synchronizing the movement of the upper roller with the movement of the Y-axis along the same longitudinal axis.  This motion only needs to move about two inches when the center of the throat of the sewing machine is not in place over the takeup roller, but when the throat moves either forward or reverse over the roller, the direction of the movement of the takeup roller must be the same as the carriage with the Y-axis.  I hope that makes sense.  I have placed a drawing of the roller and the sewing machine carriage as an attachment.  You will see that the roller is centered in the throat of the sewing machine.  As the sewing machine moves forward, the takeup roller needs to move to stay centered in the throat, same with the reverse movement.

Any thoughts?

Larry

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2010, 06:22:16 AM »
Hi Larry,

If you need exact movement then fitting another stepper and driver and slaving this new axis to the Y axis or, if you can get the gearing right, driving the new axis from the existing Y axis step and direction signals.
As an alternative.......
A few years back I used to use drum plotters and the take up rollers were driven by current limited dc motors continuously energized (if the paper broke then the upper and lower take up rollers would rotate rapidly in opposite directions) as the drum rotated forward and backwards the paper would be taken up in either direction accordingly. There was also some adjustment of the take-up torque to cater for different paper thicknesses. I no longer have these plotters as my current stuff is flatbed otherwise I could get some circuit details but it should not be too hard to figure out.

Hope this helps,

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2014, 01:59:25 AM »
Thanks to Khalid for his work on machine embroidery  - I finally decided that I had to give this a try.
Just running a Tajima test pattern and ignoring thread colour changes my machine set-up appears to be running OK so I can now start to investigate the software side of things, hopefully to create my own designs.

Tweakie.

PEACE

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2014, 06:40:19 AM »
Still some way to go on this but I am making progress...

I've read the book, watched the film, soon I am going to have the T-Shirt  :D

Tweakie.

PEACE