Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 04:23:10 PM

Author Topic: DXF opening error: 0  (Read 19997 times)

Offline RossF

•  31 31
    • View Profile
Re: DXF opening error: 0
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2010, 03:04:11 PM »
Thanks Art but I still get the same result.
Deleted xml and restarted - same.
Jumped through considerable hoops to remove old ATI Radeon XPress 200 series drivers and replaced them with the latest 103Mb of bloat and still the same.
I am running XP SP2 on and HP at home and, although I have not updated the video drivers at work, I get the same result there on a Dell Optiplex 620.
Clearly I am doing something wrong with the installation of LazyTurn but I have endeavoured to followed the, somewhat convoluted, instructions that run through the forum threads.
Would it be possible, sometime, to collate all the software downloads, both lockdown and beta, on one page with the latest versions just being added to a list so that we could download that which works for us.

I realise that this is akin to looking the proverbial gift horse in the mouth and I feel somewhat rash in putting forward this suggestion 'cause I still desparately need your help. :)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2010, 07:14:52 PM »
Rossf,
I just intsalled LT per attached instructions onto a USB stick drive.
( from the LT manual )

Here is the link to the updated application file:

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,5767.msg95122.html#msg95122

RICH
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 07:19:39 PM by RICH »

Offline RossF

•  31 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2010, 06:40:25 AM »
Thanks Rich, but I am going to give up on this for now as I am not getting anywhere with it.
I have uninstalled everything related to Mach3, LazyCam and Lazyturn, and then reinstalled it all, as per instructions, a number of times and I am still presented with the same error message.
I'll give it another try when I get over this bout of frustration :(
Ross

Offline RossF

•  31 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2010, 02:40:19 PM »
Okay, after that little hissy fit, and a good night's sleep, I thought I would try another approach, having read the instructions again.
I have previously been following this procedure -
Install Mach3 R3.042.040 to C\:Mach3 and say yes to all - including install LazyCam, which also goes in C\:Mach3.

Update LazyCam with LazyCam 3.01 (including LazyTurn 1.0)

Unzip LazyTurn.exe from LazyTurnMarch7.zip file and copy, and overwrite, into C\:Mach3.

LazyCam operates just fine but LazyTurn comes up with the error message every time, and I've tried it a hundred different ways :(

So I thought I would try it without Mach3 and in a different directory on a different drive.

Installed LazyCamInstall_301.exe to I\:CNC Stuff\LazyCam

Copied the new LazyTurn.exe file into that directory.

Same result - error message and I can get no further.

I use Mach3 on both a milling machine and a lathe so I know how fantastic the programme is.
I just can't see what I am doing wrong with LazyTurn.

Ross

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2010, 03:01:21 PM »
Ross:

Im not sure why that woudl be. Usually just the update and then the exe is all thats required to run the program. At the very least after installing the LazyCam update and then LazyTurn itself you should be able to run. I take it your video card drivers are up to snuff? Its the only other thing Ive heard of helping.

Art

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2010, 03:02:07 PM »
Ross:

Do any of the sample dxf's load? Or is it just a particular one that fails?

Art

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2010, 03:20:21 PM »
ROSS,
You are the first on this one!

LT will run standalone....and have run tried and run it on probably 10 pc's which are all different.

Are you using the shortcut? Try going to the I\:CNC Stuff\LazyCam and run the Layturn application from there?

???
RICH

Offline RossF

•  31 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2010, 09:10:08 PM »
Eureka!! - well not quite because I didn't find it but I do now have a working copy of LazyTurn.

Not on the 'puter that I started with but it's working on an old, overloaded, clunker at work, and I'm happy. :)

Thanks both of you Rich and Art - the installation process does work, just not on the thing at home.
There's always and exception to the rule!

Ross

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2010, 08:04:11 AM »
PC'S can be a real PITA at times. Glad you got it working on one of yours.

RICH

Offline RossF

•  31 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2010, 03:56:42 PM »
You know Rich, I was so pleased with myself at getting it working on one 'puter I just thought I would try a bit more self flagellation and get it working on the machine at home.
I uninstalled everything to do with Mach3, LazyCam and Lazyturn.
Used two registry cleaners and then installed LazyCam and copied the new Lazyturn over the old one.
Same bloody error message  :(

I may have another go at it some time in the future but for now the PITA is just too intense :)
Ross