Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:20:34 PM

Author Topic: New Mill  (Read 10075 times)

Re: New Mill
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2010, 05:38:34 PM »
I have tried reading the manuals (both set up & using Mach3), covers all machines, one is over 150 pages and the other is over 100 pages, and again using abbreviations that I don't know what he is talking about...

I have been viewing videos ever since I ordered the machine...  Some I have to laugh at, I saw one guy blowing his machine off with an air hose, sending the debris everywhere, all over his computer and keyboard, all over his machine (including the vent holes (where it can get sucked up inside)), and am sure embedding them nicely in the ways also.  This is someone who will be asking the question 'why' did my controller board short out...  I'm dumb, but not that dumb!

This Has Been An Experience,
Ken

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2010, 05:41:50 PM »
I am meaning these videos http://www.machsupport.com/videos/

Hood
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2010, 05:51:27 PM »
Nope, never saw these movies, have never been to this page on the website at all, I have bookmarked and will review.  Now I really feel dumb!

Ken

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2010, 05:53:02 PM »
The videos are mostly old so some things may look different as Mach has changed a lot but the basics are the same and they are worth a look especially as you advance and start doing macros and brains.
Hood

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2010, 08:50:41 PM »
Ken,
It's just takes some time and there are no shortcuts. Very difficult to sit down and read 150 page manual and expect to understand it.
Every thing is so interelated and as such it's extremely difficult to have a manaul written that keeps the thought train on track for a particular
item. CNC is certainly not plug and play. Mach is so configurable.

Sometimes trying to answer a question is like pulling a tooth, eventualy it comes out but can be a little painfull on the way.
You get stuck on something post and someone in here will be able to answer the question.
Heck, in time you'll be gumming it just like the rest of us!  ;D

BTW, I am not even sure where or if the axis calibration via the Settings TAB is covered in the manuals.......and i was too lazy to look for it. ???

RICH

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2010, 09:25:31 PM »
Rich,

I am not a machinist by trade, I fell into it in 04 when one of my customers wanted me to knock off $500 dollars from his bill in exchange for a tabletop MaxNC mill, times were better back then in the US, we were getting over the 9/11 crash, so I said yes...

I am a Plastic Product and Injection Mold Designer, a couple years back I couldn't find any work and quoted doing some prototypes with my MaxNC, since then the Design Business has been paying less and work has been hard to find, and the Machining Business has been steadily been picking up.  Hell, I can almost make a living again!

Now you know my background...

Regards,
Kendall Miller
Fun Dimensional, Inc.
Leander, Texas