Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 07:45:54 AM

Author Topic: ReadMe file woes  (Read 9957 times)

ReadMe file woes
« on: July 22, 2010, 05:56:45 PM »
Hi,

I have been wanting to try the new screen sets and have finally got round to downloading the files. However, wanting to do everything correctly, I took heed of the warning to read the readme file first - problem is, I cannot get the file to open properly. I get the first four pages and the last four pages and nothing in between. Even the pages that are shown have some errors that Adobe throws up "There was a problem reading this document (14)" and "Insufficient data for an image".

I thought it may be that I had an old version of Adobe Reader so I downloaded and installed the latest version but I still have the same problem. Adobe Reader seems to work for everything else I need it for. Any clues?

I don't want to continue installing MSM without reading the file, only to incur the wrath of Dave :)

Mike

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: ReadMe file woes
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 06:19:08 PM »
Try downloading it again?
You might want to try Foxit Reader. It's free, and is much less a pita than Acrobat. I've been using it for years, and I can read the 17 page Readme file just fine.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 07:28:37 PM »
Mike,
Did you get the readme file ok?
If not, I can send it to you via email etc.

BTW - Fearing my wrath? That idea would have my better half chuckling ::)

Dave
Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 09:47:16 PM »
Hi Dave
   At the CNC workshop I gave Dave a hard time about "skipping" the "read-me" file.  However I have downloaded it and printed it out also via FoxReader and it came thru just fine.  Now if I can just get the time to install it.  Thanks for all the work Dave.

Karl
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 10:03:21 PM »
Hi Karl!
I was wondering when you'd show up... after all I did leave a comment just for your amusement in a sticky thread above. :P
Good to hear from you and welcome aboard.
I hope you'll like using the MSM beta.

Dave

www.CalypsoVentures.com
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 10:45:23 PM »
Yes, I saw the mention on the first day it was up last weekend and I spent a good deal of time getting FoxEdit and Mazola to allow me to type out the "readme".   The Foxedit version I had didn't allow me to save or print the file.  But I finally got it then ran out of time.  Tomorrow is again a full day, but hopefully, Saturday I'll get it installed and finally get to play with it.   But now I see there's another "readme" file to download & "skip".

The forum so far seems to indicate a very low number of problems, so congratulations, on a fine piece of work.  I'll have more comment, after I finally get the chance to play.

Karl
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 12:19:39 AM »
Grumph, sputter, choke, Grrrrrrrrrrr     :'(

Dave

But now I see there's another "readme" file to download & "skip".

Karl
www.CalypsoVentures.com
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 07:30:06 AM »
Hi Dave,

I have just tried downloading the readme file again and still no joy. Could you send it via email please? mike dot francies at sky dot com will get it to me.

Many thanks,

Mike
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 10:44:30 AM »
Emailed
Dave
www.CalypsoVentures.com
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 10:59:34 AM »
Hey guys, I've noticed something funky with downloading files too.  If you keep trying, eventually you will get through.  Just retry until you get a successful download.  At first I thought the server was down due to there being so much interest, and that may be the problem.

Dave has passed the news along to Scott, so maybe it'll get better.

Best,

Bob Warfield
Try G-Wizard Machinist's Calculator for free:

http://www.cnccookbook.com/CCGWizard.html