Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:53:18 PM

Author Topic: Anyone using the Ajax control system  (Read 7634 times)

Offline bw

•  29 29
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone using the Ajax control system
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 11:59:22 AM »
Check in the Ajax config.  Both high and low spindle bits should be set to 0-auto detect.  Also in config you can change the "stop encoder error" from 1 to 0 to let the machine run with the error while you get it dialed in, just be careful they don't run away on you and don't forget to change it back when your done.
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2011, 12:18:25 PM »
Thanks, BW, - spindles are at "o" but will not let me a "1" in the encoder area

Offline bw

•  29 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2011, 06:34:09 PM »
You need to change it from 1 to 0 on the encoder to disable it.  If you are unable to do so, something else may be wrong.  Aslo turn your encoder by hand and see if it gives you the same fault.
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2011, 09:12:12 AM »
my servo is on the bench, btw, I am trying to use an old servo off a bp mill & the critter has wiring for a tach and brake, do these need to be hooked up?
when I reset mach3 and give it any move amount it spins about 2 revs & get (axis x position error) then reset then I get (you must setup spindle bits in machajax.xml).
I am runnig a 12 volt bat until my power supply gets here, could this be the problem?
Dave

Offline bw

•  29 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2011, 05:00:52 PM »
Not sure what motors you have but I do know you don't need the tach or the brake.  I would wait until you get your power supply before testing any further.  Also if you wired up your encoder cables yourself double check them, I crossed one wire when I did mine and got errors.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2011, 05:26:45 PM »
Your brake may be causing issues if you do not have it energised as likely it will be on and thus not allowing the motor to rotate properly.
Hood
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2011, 05:33:57 PM »
Hood
the spindle turns very freely.
Thanks
Dave

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2011, 05:38:14 PM »
The brakes on motors are normally spring loaded so you have to supply voltage to take the brake off, if yours is spinning freely then sounds like it may be the opposite but that would be unusual.
Just mentioned in case it was your issue, afraid I know nothing about the Ajax so cant help there :(
Hood