Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:34:15 PM

Author Topic: Anyone using the Ajax control system  (Read 7635 times)

Offline Jackal

•  169 169
    • View Profile
Anyone using the Ajax control system
« on: July 13, 2010, 09:00:19 PM »
I've been looking at the Ajax control system for $1199. http://www.ajaxcnc.com/mach_cnc_systems.htm Is anyone here using this or have any comments? I have a Hurco KM3P that I am wanting to retrofit.  It would probably take a long time to piece together something with components from different suppliers, so my thought is to get it all from one place. It might make troubleshooting easier.

Let me know the good or bad of this system.  I know that this is a Mach board, but let me know if the CNC11 Centroid would be a better choice.

Thanks,
Jackal
Everything is bio-degradable if you run over it enough with a lawnmower.
Re: Anyone using the Ajax control system
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 02:20:44 AM »
It is a proprietary system with very little suport. A piece together system with Mach suport would be less frustrating.

Offline Jackal

•  169 169
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 10:51:32 AM »
Thanks Captain,

I thought maybe the Ajax would be easier & quicker. After further checking, there is very little support. Plus, when you figure out which system you need they change it, or the price and that throws you off.

I was wanting the Dc10 & 303b ( < I think????????) set-up.  It was $1199.00 & after waiting a few weeks it goes up to $1495.00.

While getting ready to order it, they tell me now the All-in-one had replaced it, but it is still available for a higher price. Then, after asking about the all-in-one, they don't have the manual out yet???????

Those Whale drives by DuGong look like the way for me. Using CNC4PC boards with the RJ45 connectors, they connect with plain CAT 6 cables. A simple plug-in. You can also tune the drives from a separate computer ( laptop).

Thanks for the info,

JAckal
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 03:21:17 PM »
If the Ajax was plug and play it would be very good. It turned out to be very difficult to get running. Others products are documented very well, and there is lots of support.

Offline bw

•  29 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 06:10:10 PM »
I installed the DC3IO kit running Mach a few months back.  As stated customer support is non existent besides their forum.  With that being said, most of my install problems were not that bad and most of them were from not understanding the instructions completely or just doing something stupid.  I had it up and running within a week and fine tuned it within 2 weeks.  I have been using it almost daily in production with no issues.

I think it is a well built unit however the heads in charge really need to get one set of instructions (as there are many and they are different) and at least give a few minutes of phone support to new buyers.  I couldn’t get them to answer or return any calls once the purchase was made and I found that insulting as well as a horrible customer service policy.  I will say almost all the answers I needed were on the forum if I searched around enough.

Bottom line is, I like the system but not the way they run the business.  If I treated my customers like that I would be living in a cardboard box.
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 05:57:15 PM »
Do you have a probe or MPG hooked up on your Ajax? I need help with mine.

Offline Jackal

•  169 169
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 04:03:56 PM »
 I will definitely go with something else. You hear to many complaints about no contact or tech  help. The only tech help, is what the other members and users on the forum are willing to do.

JAckal
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 01:51:31 AM »
If you do go with ajax, I would be happy to help you get it going.

Offline Jackal

•  169 169
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 12:25:15 PM »
Thanks Capt,
I appreciate the offer.

Jackal
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 11:11:14 AM »
Captain, yes I need help
I purchased the allinone from Ajax to run with Mach3, & mach says I need to set spindle bits in"machajax.xml"
I have 1 sevo hooked up & when giving it a 1. move the motor turns the give me an encoder error.
I hit reset then it says  need to set spindle bits.
thanks, Dave

If you do go with ajax, I would be happy to help you get it going.
[/quote]