Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 05:28:47 PM

Author Topic: First run of my Shibaura Roibot  (Read 11767 times)

First run of my Shibaura Roibot
« on: July 04, 2010, 05:37:16 PM »
The first run of my Shibaura Roibot. I had just gotten control of the motors. no tuning had been done yet and i only had control of 3 directions due to a bad motor controller opto. but it was a major step to get this thing running. Not much to look for you "Pro's" but for a newb like me with ZERO knowledge of CNC and limited Stepper knowledge this was major!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdyetgERBR4
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 05:44:13 PM by Zero Cool »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,197 9,197
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: First run of my Shibaura Roibot
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 03:54:48 AM »
Congrats on your build and first movements.

I remember the feeling well - just like awaiting the arrival of the first child.  ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 07:04:34 AM »
Yeah hitting the button and seeing it move for the first time was like HOLY SCHNIKIES it moved! it actually moved! LOL!

I have had this thing sitting in my shop taking up room for a long long time now and I am just now getting around to actually doing something with it. My new motor controller should be here now any day and then I will get to work getting the motors tuned in and tweaked.

Thanks for the comment!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 11:46:37 PM »
running on new motor controller. still not fully tuned in yet

http://www.youtube.com/user/overkillaudioinc?feature=mhum

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,197 9,197
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 05:18:47 AM »
Really good  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 05:45:44 PM »
Yup, it's too late for you now ........................... you are addicted ................................. the machines controlls you now!!!!  ;D

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 07:38:45 PM »
Hello
I happen to have the same type of Roibot as the x axis of my machine.
I had to remove the motor for service, and did not take note of the belt configuration.
(should have removed the cover plate and photographed it)
Having trouble re-looping the belts- do you happen to know where I can find diagrams
of this model?

Mark

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012, 12:27:16 AM »
All I can say is..... What machine video? I have no clue what you guys are talking about. All I seen was a 3 minute hula-hoop video that somehow lasted for over 20 minutes   :o  >:D.

Really good  ;)

Tweakie.
How true friend, how true indeed.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2012, 12:53:53 AM »
Seriously though, the machine is pretty cool too!  I mean....not "hula cool" (I'm patenting that phrase, by the way), but cool nonetheless. Certainly something to be proud of. Not "hula proud" (yall can have that one, it just don't have the same pizazz as "hula cool"), but  maybe a proudness on a separate level. Honestly, I've seen dogs that ride skateboards, cats that talk, a chimp astronaut, but none of them were quiet as mesmerizing.

Note to self: Never post a video of a girl dancing, along with my machine videos. I know who will win that viewers choice battle.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."