Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:00:31 AM

Author Topic: Dual function for MPG?  (Read 6312 times)

Offline pjd

•  7 7
    • View Profile
Re: Dual function for MPG?
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2010, 05:51:58 PM »
I tried writing a small macro to do what you said and it does work, move the MPG, run the Macro and the FRO changes...Perfect!!  So far so good!  Saved it as a macropump and it sort of worked but as you say, very slow and erratic.  

So, now we have proven the principle, how can we implement it in a Brain?   I think the two main conditions  for this are:

1) Needs to work based on the condition of an input pin.
2) FRO should not be allowed to go below zero

In the macro I could only get it to work by storing the MPG count to use as the reference for the next cycle, since we need to determine the change in MPG DRO.  Can this be implemented in a brain?

The other way I could see it working is to trigger a Macro from another input pin, but how can you call a Macro from an input?

Cheers

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2010, 06:21:10 PM »
In a brain I think I would input the MPG count and use a divisor(depending on the counts per of the MPG) on the number to make the ouput have more resolution and make the FRO react slower to MPG input.

Then route that number out to the FROdro "IF" a condition was met say an input is active as you require. That way you can turn it on and off when needed. You could also use an LED and turn it off from the Keyboard or Hotkey.

Offline pjd

•  7 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2010, 06:29:17 PM »
Sounds good to me, so now the big question is how do I write a brain?

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2010, 06:57:27 PM »
There IS a video in the video section(;-)