Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 03:37:19 PM

Author Topic: No Driver Sensed Installed. OS-Windows 7  (Read 42085 times)

No Driver Sensed Installed. OS-Windows 7
« on: July 02, 2010, 04:10:53 PM »
Need major help.  My original computer crashed and now using new computer with Windows 7.  Have to use parallel port to run machine but do not have a parallel port with new computer, only USB.  Bought a USB to parallel cord/converter but when I install Mach 3 all I keep receiving is "No driver sensed installed.  Run Driver test” Tried running driver test as admin and tells me the same thing that "No driver sensed installed." 

PLEASE HELP!! Have deadlines on projects due.

Sincere thanks in advance.

Justin
Re: No Driver Sensed Installed. OS-Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 06:01:02 PM »
Hi Justin,
Mach3 WILL NOT RUN THROUGH A USB TO PARALLEL CONVERTER.
You will need either an external motion controller or an add in pport.
Make sure that the add in card is a true pport and not a usb implementation of one.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 08:01:06 PM »
Just installed an internal PCI express x1 parallel board and still getting same message that "no driver sensed installed."  I have no idea what the problem is.  Installed new drivers with board and reinstalled Mach 3 and still had no luck.  Tried Vista patch, and still the same.

Justin

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 09:53:40 PM »
You also cannot use the parallel port driver on Win 7 64-bit. You'll have to use an external motion controller like a SmoothStepper.
Happy machining , Jeff Birt

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 09:56:46 PM »
What bit W7 are are you using as "not sure" if it will work with 64 bit .....?

Look at your devices in the device manager and you should see one for MACH, when you do the driver test it installs the driver.
So you could just remove the one shown in the device manager and run the driver test and it will be installed.
Note i am not using W7, so could be wrong......

Rich

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 10:02:17 PM »
Jeff,
Thanks for confirming W7  64 bit doesn't work.
A friend upgraded to W7 and 64 bit home version and has problems with other software also......
I believe the pro version also allows you to run in other modes like XP.....never ends does it!

RICH

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 10:51:43 PM »
I believe every version of Win7 has the XP emulation mode. You still can't run the Mach three driver with it though.
Happy machining , Jeff Birt

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 11:45:58 PM »
I believe every version of Win7 has the XP emulation mode. You still can't run the Mach three driver with it though.

I think only professional and up have it.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2010, 02:51:09 AM »
FYI - a little known attribute of the W7 XP emulation mode is that it requires hdw support in the CPU - and not all CPUs (not even all Intel CPUs) have the feature.
Even if the CPU and version of W7 have the needed pieces, I suspect the PP driver may not run in XP emulation as it needs to manipulate real registers of real hardware, not an emulation.
Dave

Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2010, 04:39:48 PM »
Jeff,

I see that you have a link to a website (perhaps yours) about the smooth stepper.  Exactly how does this smooth stepper work?  Can you expalin what I would need to get Mach 3 to run with my current setup and what I would need to buy?  And will Mach 3 then be able to run with a 64-bit system?

Most sincere thanks,

Justin