Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 10:49:45 AM

Author Topic: How start to run an Embroidery Mach profile  (Read 12122 times)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: How start to run an Embroidery Mach profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2010, 12:07:54 PM »
IF SO then gcode

G0 X0.000 Y0.000 A0.000           move to start point
X1.000 Y1.000 A90                move to the stitch start position
A270                                    stitch
A0                                        Return to A zero fastest way axis rotation stays the same for sewing head(;-)
X2.000 Y2.000 A90                Move to next stitch position
A270                                    stitch
A0
X3.000 Y3.000 A90
A270                                    Stitch
A0
M1                                        Hold to change  thread color, Install manual or auto spindle LOCK for safety

Seems simple enough to me. You just need FAST powerfull servos/steppers to make the whole process run fast and smoothly.

Add in a thread sensor for thread breakages to stop machine. Runs in macropump the function turned on when sewing off when not.

ALSO seeing how this is a simple 2d process you can restart from any line by just using "start from here" and off you will go NO NEED for run from here as they are not any modal values that change from startup

« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 12:17:03 PM by BR549 »

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2010, 12:35:03 PM »
OK add in a bobin sensor to know when the bobin runs LOW of thread.

You could also use tool changes M6 T4 to designate what color thread to load and use the M6 macro to move the machine into thread loading position and it could return to the exact start spot to restart.
T1 = white
T2= blue
T3= yellow

ect,ect

This would work very well for quilters as well as you can control every aspect of the stitch. HECK you could even add embroidery to your quilt ON THE FLY if you wanted.

HUM I can sew learned as a child watching MOM do pattern layouts. Might need to build the kids a new Quilter/embroider machine.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 12:38:34 PM by BR549 »

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2010, 01:09:46 PM »
OK NOW if we can get "Khalid software" to do all the CAM/Gcode work for embriodery AND quilting we can do it .

Offline khalid

•  213 213
    • View Profile
    • My Wood carving
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2010, 01:45:22 PM »
Hi BR549, all the above are included in my Gcode embroidery software... You can run your machine with indexing mode "A*********" or simple XYZ moves.. Machine stop for every thread change..A thread tension sensor can be installed for any thread breakage...

Moreever you can do any commercial embroidery design
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2010, 01:14:02 AM »
Hi

This is a piece of embroidery G code

G01 X-0.6 Y-19.9 Z-0.4
G01 Z-1.0
M786-------------Set Z counter in cero,
G01 X0.5 Y-19.4 Z-0.4
G01 Z-1.0
M786
G01 X1.2 Y-19 Z-0.4
G01 Z-1.0

M786 macro =SetOemDro(802,0) 'Set Z axis to cero value.

I need to know if I cant put a similar Macro
in MacroPump for run it in background for zeroing
Z values when z=1.0,for reduce gcode lines
and try to get if gcode can run faster, when i reduce
a big quantity of lines.

Macro in Macropump  will be like this

GetOemDro(802) 'Get Z axis DRO
If OemDro(802)=1
then 
SetOemDro(802,0)

Thanks in advance for your help

Rene

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2010, 10:29:18 AM »
Rene any time you add a piece of macro code to the mix you will slow the overall process down.

Please explain in detail what the M786 macro actually does and WHY it is needed.  

In the Gcode example above the macro is NOT needed.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 10:39:41 AM by BR549 »
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2010, 02:11:47 PM »
Hi,

Ufffffff,, here in my country usually is said in my situation "No pone Una"
when  each thing that some one said  is refuted......
and  literally  is relative to a baseball pitcher that never makes a strike and always bad  balls.
Sorry
Things that happens when one is trying to do something without adequate knowledges.....

I will explain as better I can how this Gcode works

Needle bar motor is set in Z axis and one revolution=360 degree= 1stith = 1.0  =100% rotation
Motor Tuning /Z axis /Steps x mm = 200.
Velocity = 600
Accel 600.

INITIAL STATE X0,Y0 AND Z0 ---Hoop centered and needle in upper position

N05 G01 X-0.6 Y-19.9 Z-0.2------------X,Y axis moves to first stitch location, Z axis rotate 20%(needle is stopped 3mm before get inside fabric

N10 G01 Z-0.8--------------------Z axis move 80% or revolution (Needle get inside fabric, stitch, get outside and stop when is 3 mm above fabric.

N15  M786-----------------------This macro, set Z counter in cero value

N20 G01 X0.5 Y-19.4 Z-0.4--Hoop moves to next stitch location, Z axis rotate 40% of revolution and needle is stopped 3mm before get inside  fabric

N25 G01 Z1.0-----------------Z axis rotate 60%,  complete a revolution, and needle is stopped 3mm above fabric after is get outside fabric

N30  M786.........

N35 ... similar to N20.

As you can see, hoop movement  in 40% of one revolution, when needle is above fabric, and in 60% of revolution, needle moves alone.

Macro 786 sets the counter of Z axis to cero value in each revolution, when Z=0.8 or Z= 1.0
A axis has option of "rot 360 rollover" for, but in some tests done, A axis seems to be very slow for this purpose

I think that if this macro is placed out of Gcode, and taking effect every time that Z=0.8 and 1.0
total process may be faster because will be a lot less of lines in Gcode.
Object is make one revolution using percent values 1.0 is one motor revolution and one needle operation
Is question of Try,,,if not we can come back as now is.

If not,, how can I set cero Z axis for each revolution.?

Thanks in advance

Rene
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 02:13:32 PM by renenpaz »

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2010, 02:35:48 PM »
Rene the total lines of gcode have little to do with it. Mach can be "extremely" fast in Gcode output. Usually MUCH faster than the machine can actually move.

The problem is when you mix VB(extremely slow) with gcode in areas of MOTION control.

SO IF you want speed then you need to consider a GCODE ONLY approach to the machine

When using the A axis  there are things to consider to get fast responce. ONE is that the axis is setup as Degrees per min. SO you need to setup the axis to be as fast as possible with a large enough motor to avoid lost steps. Next you have to run the accel values very high and the Top velocity only as fast as the accell values will allow.  Accel is more important than top speed as you will rarely be at top speed. But you will always be accelerating/decelerating.

The A should be able to run JUST as fast as the other axis but remember it is not moving far 1 rev at best so to get better accel values it may be necessary to gear the stepper down to have more available torque to get the mass moving.

Next you have to tell mach what the diameter of the A axis control point is so it can SYNC the feedrate to both the XY and A and still get fast movement. Otherwise Mach will only move as fast as the slowest axis normally A

AS to resetting A to zero? it is not needed.

Look at the Gcode I posted above your stop start points are just deg points in the A axis.  From the needle up position A0.000 the code can do XYA moves to get to the stitch position. Then from that point you do a stitch move to the next A position (needle clear of fabric) then from that point you can do another ZXA move to take A back to the zero point(shortest route) that keeps the stepper moter moving in the same direction of rotation for the sewing head. THen from the needleup point A0.000 the cycle starts again.

Never does the A need to be reset to zero.

Mach can do these moves very very quickly IF you have the proper equipment
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 02:49:16 PM by BR549 »
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2010, 05:37:34 PM »
BRP549,Thanks for your clear explanation

I must consider two things.

1-Khalid Embroidery G code Generator software set the A axis work in different way,,,A axis  run in one line from 0 degree to 359 degree and after X,Y axis moves. I must ask Khalid if he can change A axis mode  in similar way of Z axis, like your gcode example.
Then I should mark --360 rollover--in General config.

2-I don't have a clear idea of about set up motor tuning for high speed  A axis,,, could yo help me? My cnc router don't use a A axis, and newer in building process will use A axis as linear axis for slave it  with Y axis. My actual Axis set up take a long time to arrive 359 degree from cero.

Thanks

Rene

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2010, 06:38:40 PM »
Rene, you can use any ABC axis as the slave. BUT you can only use A as interpolated moves with XY.

SO I would stick with A as your needle control. That way you can control the stitch length with extreme precision AND be able to make coordinated XYZ moves to the next stitch point and that saves time in the cycle. when the XY arrives at the next stitch point the Needle will already be in position to stitch without delay.

You may have to set the MACH kernal freq as fast as your computer will allow. Then set the A stepper motor to 200 steps per 1 rev of the motor. Next go to the axis tunning and set the accel up to as fast as the stepper can move without loosing steps. Next set the vel to the same number to start with.

Now go to the mdi screen and type in an A move say G0 A180  to see how fast it can move 1/2 turn.  Next go to the setting screens Top LH side and set the Aaxis value for A axis radius correction to .001 that should make the axis move in feedrate sync with the XY OR is that 999 heck just try both to see which is faster.