Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:27:15 PM

Author Topic: FRO Slider  (Read 9927 times)

FRO Slider
« on: June 29, 2010, 07:26:22 PM »
I'm having trouble with a feed rate override slider. I copied it from the usual Mill screens, but the green bar is narrower than the allocated space.

An earlier thread included:

The trick is the format string, tab group, and the "skined" (should be spelled "skinned") should be checked as well.

I've found the format string, but where is the Tab Group and how is the DRO Skined (Skinned)? I see no space for a graphics file to be defined, nor any "Tab Group" in the definition box for this DRO.

The width and height of the slider are 25, 200 but the bar looks more like 12 pixels wide, and so is the DRO text at the top.

I'm working in Mach3screen, but Machscreen doesn't give any more clues. Can anyone clarify this for me?
Keith  S. Angus

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: FRO Slider
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 07:53:09 PM »
Screen3 doesn't support skinning DRO's. And I don't think the tab has any function. I don't even think you can create a slider in Screen3. Use Screen4 or Machscreen.

In Machscreen, add a SliderVert. Double click the image path value box to assign the image.

In Screen4, you add a DRO, and check the "skinned" box. Then pick the file. You'll need to change the format screen to define it as a slider. Something like SL10H200%0.0f
S= slider
L10 = low value of 10
H200= High value of 200
%0.0f displays no numbers. I use a separate DRO for this.

Sliders display much narrower than they are. It's hard to get them as wide as you want, but keep increasing the width to get it as close as you can to what you want. Not sure, but I think they always display a bit of background withthem, which makes it even harder.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 08:07:36 PM »
Thanks for the quick response.

Mach3screen allows the FRO slider to be created as a type of DRO. I tried it in Machscreen, but with the same result. I haven't tried Screen4 as everything I had read here suggested it didn't really work. Did I get the wrong impression or has it changed?

It does seem to me that regardless of how you generate it, the slider still looks the same. There must be a hidden variable in there somewhere!
Keith  S. Angus

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 08:13:55 PM »
What do you want it to look like? As I said, try making it wider. I use sliders on my screens, and they work fine. But they do display narrower.

Screen4 works very well, provided the screen your designing is smaller than the monitors resolution. If there are scrollbars needed, you'll have problems. I like using Screen4, as do many others, but I'm trying to use MachScreen on the new screen I'm working on.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 02:50:52 AM »
The slider is about 1/1 the width you expected - correct?
If that is what you are talking about, it is a fairly old bug in Mach when Mach draws the slider bar.

The bug was fixed in the recent 3.43.10 mach development release. With that rev, the sliders bars are the "full width".

Dave
Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 03:45:41 PM »
Dave,

Just got to ask, is Brian adding the ability for Mach screens to use and display Horizontal sliders as well??

scott
fun times
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 04:29:23 PM »
Scott,
All I can offer is my "guesstimate"...

In V3, I'd say no. Brian is trying hard to concentrate on V4 and adding new things things to V3 is really hard to sell to him. I had some space on the 10x7 run page reserved for horiz sliders in an earlier iteration. I opted to reuse it for other things since I didn't see horiz sliders showing up in time to be of use to MSM.

One tech hassle is that if/when they are added, it will cause a content change to the set file format, which will require the addition of a set file version and corresponding support to screen editors and mach to recognize different set file versions.... I don't see that happening at this stage for v3.

Re V4, many moons ago, he and I had an informal conversation that "back burner-ed" this control to V4. I don't have any expectation as to "when" horiz sliders might show up. There are lots of things I suspect are more important to him for V4. Therefore my guess is that this would be way down his list.

Dave

Dave,

Just got to ask, is Brian adding the ability for Mach screens to use and display Horizontal sliders as well??

scott
Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 12:13:02 PM »
Hello friends
I want to cutomize my FRO slider to 120%..
I saw in the format like:
STDL5H200f3.0%
I changed the H200 to 120 but when i turned the analoge FRO knop the slider goes more about 150% and also the green bar covered the numbers..
Is their any problem regarding the lenght os the slider ??
Please let me know howto set up the slider.
Rrgards
Ghantos
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2021, 11:03:07 AM »
Hello

I know this is very old post... but, perhaps someone has solve this issue?

I have the same problem... what ever value I enter as slider max it goes over 250...

Any solution...?

Thanks