Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 02:44:44 AM

Author Topic: Opening LC in Mach3  (Read 6145 times)

Opening LC in Mach3
« on: June 29, 2010, 06:53:08 AM »
Hi guys, I have a problem when opening LC in Mach 3. The "Graphics Area" window is like bottomless, as you can see it in attached picture. Hope someone can tell me what am I doing wrong.
sse4

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
Re: Opening LC in Mach3
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 11:23:07 AM »
That actually looks like it might be a graphics issue.

I see you have Win 7 so maybe you could give some more info on your PC and OS setup and maybe someone here with similar setups can help.

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 04:00:10 PM »
What happens if you click the X in the upper right corner to close the properties bar ( you can just go back to View button and to get it back)?
 Will you then see the graphics area along with the tools on the right side of that window in LC?
If that is the case you have the properties bar stretched over the graphics area .

RICH
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 04:53:46 PM »
Thanks Dave for your quick response, I have a  celeron 3.6G CPU 2G RAM Windows 7 Home Premium OS
Gigabyte MB, on board video.  I tried to uninstall Mach3 but still the same problem, I also have a Dell Laptop installed mach3 and LC on it and it works fine, Laptop has the same OS.
The laptop has a nice light blue background, I wonder if it is ok or it should be black?
Is there any suggestion to fix it?

thanks again
sse4

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 04:58:37 PM »
Actually the laptop sounds exactly as it should be with the light blue background, so I'm suspecting a graphics issue with the Celeron, but not sure what to do about it.

Possibly someone else may know a trick or 2-

Dave

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 06:28:44 PM »
Thanks again Dave.....

RICH : If I click on the right upper corner to the X, it will close LC. Now if i try to turn on or off anything in the view button it comes back with an error message "An Open GL error occurred invalid value" I can move or stretch the left project info window over the graphics area, qnd back as you can see in the next picture, but there is nothing appears in this area and has no response to it. I'm very new to this Lazycam sure like to learn it download the manual as well.  Must have something set wrong in my computer, or i don't know. Maybe that error message could give you some idea.

sse4

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 09:45:39 PM »
Don't know what to say and just think it's the graphics card or maybe some setting. I don't use Windows 7.
Sorry ...
RICH
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 10:05:37 PM »
Don't worry about Rich, I just find  out that an other program does the same thing SheetCam, so it is my computer for sure, hate to think I need to reinstall windows, time will tell, thanks anyway for trying.

sse4

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 10:12:37 PM »
I was going to say try assigned use of the program to XP mode , but i don't think you can do that with the home version.
Just out of curiousity, is it a 32 ro 64 bit version of W7?

That's what happens when you want to be on the  cutting edge of technology sse4!  :D

RICH

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2010, 05:07:16 AM »
Have you tried updating to the latest video/graphics driver for your Celeron onboard video, specifically for Win 7? If Win 7 can't find the correct driver, it will just use a standard driver which may or may not work with some Open GL type programs.

It definitely sounds like a driver issue so I would look at that on the manufacturers website before reloading Win 7.

Dave

Dave->    ;)