Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 09:48:08 AM

Author Topic: Automatic Oiler  (Read 4573 times)

Automatic Oiler
« on: October 16, 2006, 12:21:53 PM »
What is the best way to implement an automatic oiling function. It. would be better for it to happen after a certain amount of motion rather than time. I saw a post about using the macropump to do this. Can someone elaborate on this please?

Shawn

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,672 2,672
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Automatic Oiler
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 12:27:43 PM »
Why not drive one off the leadscrew with a belt that way it will only lube when its moving.

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 08:04:38 PM »
My machine already has an automatic oiling system plumbed and powered, it just needs to have a relay triggered to initiate an oiling. One of the outputs from Mach3 could be used to do this, if I had a way to tell it when.

Shawn

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 08:35:30 PM »
On many machines the lube system is tied into the motor, when the motor is running the the lube system is functioning. Assuming you have some king of contactor for the motor you can take off that if its 220 or 3 phase. or if its a 100 motor just parallel it to the motor. so when the spindle is running or the machine is in motion the pump system is getting a signal. then put the pump on a timer to run a few seconds every several minute. you really just Have to watch it a tune the system so you getting adequate lubrication but it just isn't running all over the floor.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 09:13:36 PM »
One tip Shawn,
   Be sure to check your metering valves. I'm new to Mach but not machines. It is always a good idea to make sure your getting oil where you want it, not just leaving the pump. All of ours are as you say, on a timer. I wish I knew how to help you set that up. Your idea is much better. ;)
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!