Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:58:14 PM

Author Topic: Screen designer  (Read 5769 times)

Screen designer
« on: October 15, 2006, 10:31:37 PM »
If i open an existing screen in screen designer4 and resize all the items to fit 800x600 will that work. I don't want to reinvent the wheel i just want to resize an existing screen to fit my touch panel.

ynneb

Re: Screen designer
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 12:44:44 AM »
Yes that will work. You may lose some of the text on some of the buttons, since the font size is not changeable.
Why are you using such a small resolution?
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 03:44:21 AM »
I have a flat panel touch screen industrial computer. it only runs 800x600.

and its only 10x12 running windows 2000

plus its really cool looking to impress the girls

ynneb

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 04:15:13 AM »
Well if you have something smaller than what most others have, and can still impress the girls, then lucky you. :)

Hood

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 03:28:03 PM »
If you enable the Auto Screen Enlarge option it should actually reduce your screen to fit the 800 x 600 Resolution you are using. Once you have checked that option you will have to restart Mach to see the benefits.
Hood
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 11:29:17 AM »
I have an unused vintage VGA 14" diagonal color flat touch screen, and it only supports 640x480. Is there a relatively painless way to shrink a standard mill screen set to fit it?  The image won't be smaller, just lower resolution.

I tried Screen4 and it is not quite painless (Also tried ScrEdit).  It also makes the 640x480 screen a full 640x480 and did not compensate for the fact that there is a window border and bottom toolbar. As a result, when I tried my first effort on the actual screen, about 20% of the screen was off the bottom.  I realized that I need to start over with a new layout strategy. I noticed that some of the items do not seem to be re-sizable, and I started throwing a lot of the obscure functions away to make the essentials fit.

Before I do that, I need to ask the question.

Would it be reasonably possible to sweep through the *********.set file with a VB (or similar) program to resize and reposition all of the screen elements to fit semi automatically? That would weed out the worst of the work effort.

I realize that writing auto sizing screens is a bit of a hassle, but it would have been very nice in this case. I used to write that kind of code in VB for making process monitoring windows that the user could zoom in or push out of the way whenever desired. All of the sizing calculations were based on the resized window size.

Thanks.
Bill
Pixel Tamer
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 07:24:51 PM »
If everyone just hangs on, I will  have a screen set for 800x600 in a few days. I have 1 page already wrote for 800x600.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 07:46:33 PM by JDolecki »