Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 08:48:42 AM

Author Topic: Motors jamming when fast jogging  (Read 2901 times)

Motors jamming when fast jogging
« on: June 23, 2010, 02:19:00 PM »
Howdy new to all this and have a question. While fast jogging or executing a G-code the motors jam up. According to the trouble shooting guide it says "The velocity is typically set to 60 In/min. While the acceleration is set between 2 5 In/sec/sec."

I have no idea what that means or how to check if that is the case. I assume my velocity is to high somewhere in the settings? When I slow jog it is steady and smooth up to about 80%.

Offline Garyv

•  103 103
    • View Profile
Re: Motors jamming when fast jogging
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 02:53:12 PM »
Hey Flemgunner, go to your motor tuning tab and turn down speed and acceleration and try that..
Top left side in "config tab" THen down to motor tuning and turn those down on every axis until you get what runs the steppers correct.
Remember to hit ENTER when you change each box then apply then re-start mach and go from there.
   Are your motors going in the right amount of steps as well? so a 1 inch move is 1 inch?
  Then go to SETTINGS tab in mach and right above the RESET on the lower left is the calibrate axis as well.
Hope this helps..
Also if you are new check out the training videos on the main Mach or Artsoft page they are real helpful with setting up the machine settings
Gary
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 03:33:28 PM »
Cool thats exactly what I needed. The increments are good 1 = 1 and all that. I did figure out how to change that variable I just had no clue on the speeds

Offline Garyv

•  103 103
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 04:10:41 PM »
Glad it worked out for you, and I was finally able to point someone in the right diretion (for once)..
  Also it really has helped me going to the intruction videos on the top support pulldown videos on setting and eveything . There will be a lot of stuff you know but seems like evey time I watch them I pick up one more little piece of info that I missed the first time watching..
Good luck and welcome to the forums.
Gary