Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:06:29 AM

Author Topic: Setting machine Coordinates  (Read 38698 times)

Re: Setting machine Coordinates
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2010, 09:42:53 AM »
• The X-near and X-far (slaved axis) work in normal mode together. But if I want to “ref all home” On the “
Program Run Alt1” page. The MM seeks the Z-home, the Y-home, but on the X axis, only the X near motor is turning, the X Far motor won’t turn WHY.

• The arrow keys on the key board to move the axis (XYZ) don’t work sometimes. I must press the wrong something. The Jog On/Off (Ctrl ALT J) is green and the Fly out work when I click it with the mouse to move the axis. The only way I can get out is to re-start the program.

• My Y –axis is moving Right and counting up (that is how I want it), but I must used the Left key-board button to move to the right. In the literature they said “This is done by selecting System Hotkeys in the config menu”…..I tried it many ways, but it don’t work.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2010, 10:02:29 AM »
On the Gen config page check the box "Home slave axis with master axis"
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2012, 02:47:31 PM »
Hello

My buddy and I have build a Joe's CNC machine.  We are having a couple of configuration problems.

I want to set machine coordinates to zero.  I have set everything up in the Homing/Limits screen including Auto Zero.  When I home the machine DROs move in the correct direction as well as my X&Y axises.  When the gantry gets to the home position it hits the home switches and then backs off an inch as I set it.  The problem is that Machine Coordinates do not zero out.

The next issue I am having is I have a A slaved to my X axis.  These two axises are not in sync.  So the A axis will reach zero before the X axis and the A axis will stop while the X axis keeps moving totally tweaking the gantry. >:D

Note:  I have X home and X -- set to the same pin, and Y home and Y -- set the the same pin also.  Everything tests ok in the diag. screen.  All set to Active Low.

Can somebody tell me what I am missing?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2012, 04:44:59 PM »
The machine coords will not zero if you have a value in the Home off as  that setting is meant to tell Mach if you have a home switch that is not at the axis extents. Thus when Mach homes it sets the machine coords to the value you have entered.
Also Mach only backs off a switch enough to change its state back to what it was before hitting it, if yours is indeed moving much further then only things I can think of is you have very poor switches or you have a massive amount of Debounce Interval set in General Config.
Hood
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2013, 12:33:22 PM »
Hi,

I do not have home switches, and simply want to jog each axis to a position that I physically know, such as X0 for my X axis, based on my machine geometry, and set the machine coordinates to X0, is this possible?

Thanks,
Max

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2013, 12:59:03 PM »
Yes, just make sure you do not have any home switches enabled in Ports and Pins and also make sure you have Auto Zero chosen in Homing and Limits page and lastly Make sure you do not have a value set for Home Off, also on Homing and Limits page.
Then when you jog to where you want machine coords zero to be you just press the RefAll button and that will set the machine coords zero.
Hood
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2013, 03:26:17 PM »
Hood,

Thanks this is really helping. I watched over an hour of videos but nobody seems to be addressing what to do without homing switches. Now it seems to be working, but for some reason when I run my test code, it moves to the work offset of X-1.3 first, then runs the rest of the program. Any ideas on why it would be doing this?

Essentially all I want to do is:

1. Set my machine to a physical zero that I establish by looking at the machine on X Y Z
2. Run a code to X Y Z based on the physical zero that I've established

The work offset is throwing me off and I'm not sure how to get rid of it.

Thank you for the help,
Max

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2013, 04:03:47 PM »
Another major problem I am now having is when running a code.

The code will say X1, the machine will physically move to around 0.75 and the DRO will indicate .7172.

I understand that my motor tuning steps may be off, but why could the machine DRO be stopping at .7172 when it is commanded 1?

Thanks again,
Max

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2013, 04:40:06 PM »
You would have to attach your code, your offset table (fixtures.dat)  and your xml for me to take a guess at whats happening.
Hood

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2013, 04:41:54 PM »

1. Set my machine to a physical zero that I establish by looking at the machine on X Y Z
2. Run a code to X Y Z based on the physical zero that I've established

The work offset is throwing me off and I'm not sure how to get rid of it.

Thank you for the help,
Max

Go to the offsets page and set the offsets to zero, or, after using Ref All, press the zero X and zero Y buttons. Work coordinates are the coordinates that are used when g-code is run. If you don't want any offsets, then you must set the offsets to zero.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html