Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:04:09 AM

Author Topic: Enternal E-STOP Leds  (Read 8221 times)

Offline johnv

•  43 43
    • View Profile
Enternal E-STOP Leds
« on: June 21, 2010, 01:38:04 PM »
Hi All!
On my Cntrl Pnl, I mounted a MACH3 RESET switch along with two red leds (one on each side of switch). I got the Mach3 Reset switch to work (OEM 1021), but I can't get the red leds to go on (or blink) as the "Program Run Alt-1" screen red leds do (when the E-stop is triggered).  Any help would be appreciated.
Johnv

Offline BOGIE

•  12 12
    • View Profile
Re: Enternal E-STOP Leds
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 02:19:15 PM »
I don't understand half of what you all are talking but it sure is interesting.  I hope my problem is permanently solved if not the solutions seem endless and sure have a lot of things to try.
Bogie

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 02:28:09 AM »
Hi Johnv,

As far as I am aware the LED is OEM code 800 but this is for a virtual panel. If you are talking about a physical control panel then you will need to assign an output to drive the led and then I think the best bet is to use two 'flashing LEDs'.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline johnv

•  43 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 08:42:27 AM »
Thanks Tweakie,

The leds I have mounted are flashing leds, I need to find a way to power them when reset fault has been triggered (blinking red on screen).

Johnv
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 09:23:54 AM »
There could be a section in the documentation, called "Input/Output signals, Modbus I/O, a serial port and "foreign" ports" and a function "SetTriggerMacro". Documentation starts here: http://www.machsupport.com/MachCustomizeWiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

maybe this helps, partially. It claims to contain the function(s) to control an output line, triggered from an input.

added: OEM Triggers are set in Config->Ports and Pins->Input Pins. (it is worth to try whether the EStop port+pin can simultaneously be a OEM Trigger port+pin.)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 09:36:05 AM by PeterF »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 09:46:07 AM »
Hi Johnv,

I think PeterF is correct you need to do a little reading but to get you started......

I haven't actually tried this but the following code placed in the macropump should do it.

If GetOemLED(800)=True      'reads the reset LED
ActivateSignal(OUTPUT1)      'turns on output #1 (or whatever output you choose)
Else
DeActivateSignal(OUTPUT1)    'turns off output #1
EndIf

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 11:45:13 AM »
Mach deactivates all outputs when in reset condition. So if you create a macro with the single line activateSignal(OUTPUT#) and append it to the initialization string you'll have the state change you need. Whether you choose active high or low depends on how you want to power your LEDs as PP outputs can sink as well as source current and they usually can sink a lot more than they can source. Depends on your PP and LEDs current specs as to which is the best way to go.

Ian
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 11:54:57 AM »
Mach deactivates all outputs when in reset condition.
Stirling this could be a problem, but it could lead to the following theoretical solution: turn on the external leds when the output is high (via pull-up). Write a simple vbscript and put it into the RESET button, to (if it is currently in reset condition:) pull the output low, and propagate reset anyway.

Offline johnv

•  43 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 12:28:34 PM »
Hi All,

* I added Tweakie's macro to the Mach3\Macros\'my profile'\Reset LEDs.m1s (my name for the file). Substitutes Output2 for Tweakie's Output1 and turned on Run MacroPump. With a hi-lo audio probe on Port 1, Output 16, I get a constant lo sound when reset is enables. When Rest is at fault (blinking red) I get an occasional Hi sound. It appears that the output does not stay triggered high to keep LED's lit.
* Stirling, What do I append, and to what initialization string?  Thanks to you all for sharing your knowledge and time.

Johnv

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 12:52:14 PM »
Hi Johnv,

As Ian said Mach deactivates all outputs in reset. So when Mach is running your output #2 is used to keep the LEDs off - when Mach is in reset the output #2 is deactivated and the LEDs come on. Simple.

Tweakie.
PEACE