Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:50:38 AM

Author Topic: Mach3, Windows 7, XP Mode  (Read 9299 times)

Offline wes

•  1 1
    • View Profile
Mach3, Windows 7, XP Mode
« on: June 17, 2010, 02:43:59 PM »
First, thanks for everyones knowledge and help in this forum. I have gone about this install on a windows 7 machine in the manner that has been described in many of these posts (through windows xp mode). The driver test passes with an excellent mark, and Mach 3 opens up. But there is no motion when a signal is given from mach 3 to the cnc. I have all outputs enabled, and the correct port # set in config for the parallel port. Any Ideas? Thanks!
Re: Mach3, Windows 7, XP Mode
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 04:27:36 AM »
Hello, i have this exact same situation has anyone found a solution? Many thanks
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 05:16:17 AM »
some screenshots of my comp and settings, please let me know if i havent provided anything

been struggling with this for a week now, Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ul0wv4knhxt2all/AABjyTFVEIqkaMI491FnEMp2a?dl=0

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 06:54:22 AM »
In Config / Ports & Pins / Port Setup & Axis Selection do you have Port#1 Enabled and the Port Address set to 0x3100 ?

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 07:01:02 AM »
Hi,
OK those shot suggest that Mach is installed and running correctly and that the parallel port and pulse engine are running OK.

How have you set up your machine? May I suggest that you post a  shot of your Ports and Pins pages.

Another suggestion is DO NOT TRY TO ASSIGN ALL INPIUTS/OUTPTS AT ONCE. It will almost certainly fail and you will be so confused that you can't work out what the fault/faults are.
Much better is to assign one input or output at a time. Then you will learn those things that work and those that don't. Usually once you have those first few hurdles under your
belt assigning all the other IO comes much easier.

The first input you should try is an Estop switch. You will need a physical switch. Attach it to pin 10 or port 1. Assign that pin and port in Machs Inputs page. You should now be able to disable
Mach (the Reset Button blinks red) by hitting the switch. That confirms that an input to your breakout board is being successfully communicated back to Mach.

Let us know how you get on.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2018, 03:49:36 AM »
Hi

Thanks for taking the time to reply here is a link my ports and pins and some config settings, also the hardware i am trying to connect

I will take your advice and create a new profile and just try to get the estop to work, i did have this configured to 1 10

Is there a way to check it there is signal coming out of the port??

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ijou50jz4c9luen/AADYV6AsKLKL4xqa7NrT26uIa?dl=0

Any help is greatly appreciated

Scott
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2018, 04:23:18 AM »
Hi,
have you hooked up an Estop? Does the Estop switch cause Mach to disable?

One thing at a time......prove you have an Estop working.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'