Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:16:18 AM

Author Topic: Problems Setting Home limits, table size etc  (Read 2915 times)

Problems Setting Home limits, table size etc
« on: June 21, 2010, 05:56:05 PM »
HI All,

I am running through the setup of my home limits, table size for the first time and seem to need some assistance. I have viewed the online video which was some help, but still having some problems.

I have all three home switches functioning properly, inputs configured and working.

A few questions:

Can I tell just a single axis to go "home" to test it out before tackling the other axis?

When I manually jog the table to home and all three home switches activate, how to I tell Mach3 that this is Home.

My DRO's seem to be reading twice the actual table movement ie" I get a DRO reading of 72 for 36" of actual table movement.

My table is 36x36 with a 5" Z axis

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Castleworks

Re: Problems Setting Home limits, table size etc
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 04:31:41 PM »
If your Mach3 "Scale DROs" are all set to 1.000 then chances are you don't have the Motor Tuning "Steps per unit" set properly.

airnocker

Everything depends on everything else

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Problems Setting Home limits, table size etc
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 06:04:49 PM »

Can I tell just a single axis to go "home" to test it out before tackling the other axis?

Diagnostics page, top left .
Ref X
Ref Y
Ref Z
etc.

When I manually jog the table to home and all three home switches activate, how to I tell Mach3 that this is Home.

Doesn't work that way. You need to use the Ref buttons to home. Once you do that, then Mach knows where home is.

My DRO's seem to be reading twice the actual table movement ie" I get a DRO reading of 72 for 36" of actual table movement.

double your steps/unit in motor tuning.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html