Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:51:30 PM

Author Topic: x motor jerking and acting up  (Read 3346 times)

x motor jerking and acting up
« on: June 09, 2010, 08:40:38 PM »
greetings.  i've been running mach for a number of years and it has been great.  just replaced my hard drive and installed everthing and can't get the x axis motor to work properly.  grins and jerks and i remember having this problem in the past and can not recall what I have to change, to get things working well.  z and y are working great. Gekos are the drives. I'm using steppers.  Thanks in advance form the help.
cheers,
tim

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
Re: x motor jerking and acting up
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 09:29:15 PM »
Could be a broken wire in the stepper cable. With the power off you can swap cables from one axis to the other to find out.
Happy machining , Jeff Birt

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 09:42:53 PM »
no, it worked fine yesturday.  I just can't remember what has to be done with the setting's.  when i encountered this problem in the past, i sent the drive back to geko, bought a new motor, traded motors and drives.  in the end, all of the hardware was o'k'.  it was just a adjustment with mach.  i just can't remember what had to be done.   :-\

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 03:03:07 AM »
Do you still have your old hard drive and is it accessible?
 If yes then grab the xml from it and place it in your new Mach3 folder and that will put all back to the way it was before.
 If you dont then please attach the xml you are using now.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 07:47:01 PM »
Hi Guy's,
i found my problem.  the step pulse box must have a 2 in it for my geko's.  al is running tip-top now.  cheers, tim