Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 12:11:38 AM

Author Topic: External Estop Requested. Y & Z green. X not  (Read 2828 times)

External Estop Requested. Y & Z green. X not
« on: May 26, 2010, 04:59:50 AM »
Hi,
    can anyone point me in the right direction for learning how to trouble shoot this scenario?

Got a new controller box for my mill

Took cables off old controller box
She who must be obeyed tells me to put them back as she wants to mill something before we start playing with new controller box.

Now have problem, after reconnecting all cables, where have "Reset" button flashing red all the time.  And message "External Estop requested"

Have chosen to try with new controller and old controller and symptoms the same.

Y & Z home buttons show as green
X doesn't. If I press on X limit switch X will go green. Then when I release the limit switch X will go back to no color.

Not being very mechanical, nor having debugged too many electrical appliances, can anyone suggest how I go about doing diagnostics on this?
Regards,
Hamishk
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 05:02:08 AM by Hamishk »

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
Re: External Estop Requested. Y & Z green. X not
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 01:12:56 PM »
Hi Hamishk - first thought would be it sounds like you may have disconnected/broken a couple of wires in your cables - most likely wher they attach to the connectors.
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 01:24:39 PM »
Thanks for the reply.

I have been pondering the sequence of events and that is what I am thinking.

Diagnostic wise - are there tools that I can use to look into this?  I am a noob in this area.  (Electrical diagnostics etc)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 02:04:12 PM »
Try changing the active state of your X limit switch in Ports and Pins, Inputs.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 02:45:13 AM »
Ok got under the hood.

My assumption was that the replacement controller would be wired the same as the old.

Bad assumption.  Different wiring. Almost back to front, left to right.

Plus estop button pushed in on controller box. So used to hitting reset after Mach starts and turn on the mill just had a blind spot to the possibility ESTOP being pushed in. Bit of a D'Oh moment.