Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:17:33 PM

Author Topic: New and confused  (Read 6057 times)

Re: New and confused
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2010, 05:38:52 PM »
Ok I am sure something will happen again.  When I close Mach down it want's to know if I want to save the fixture.  Does it matter how I respond to that?  Thanks again for the help.  Do you have any idea what would make it take the dive to begin with?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: New and confused
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2010, 05:44:35 PM »
Ok I am sure something will happen again.  When I close Mach down it want's to know if I want to save the fixture.  Does it matter how I respond to that?

That is because you have zeroed one or more axis during that session and in effect have changed the G54 Work offset, if you would like to keep that same offset for the next time choose Yes, if not then No. If you always want to save it you can have it do that without asking you, its on General Config page bottom right corner if I recall.

Thanks again for the help.  Do you have any idea what would make it take the dive to begin with?

Not really, could be many things and all depends what actually happens, what the DROs read etc etc. If it happens again try and take note of the DRO reading and see if it is consistent with the actual axis position.

Hood