Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:09:11 AM

Author Topic: New and confused  (Read 6058 times)

New and confused
« on: May 15, 2010, 05:24:06 PM »
I got my new machine and it's been running fine until I tried my firsrt more complex sign.  Part way through the finsih path it took a nose dive.  Now whatever I do to reset it, it doesn't work.  I zero out and reload but it want's to cut elsewhere.  My computer is clean and only runs Mach3.  The sign I was running was built in aspire and the program was fine.  Is there a way to recover from a crash to get the zero points to align and is there a way to avoid the instant dive?  I did have this loose zero problem once before and corrected it through random button pushing but would kind of like to know what I am doing.  Thanks.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: New and confused
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 06:50:39 PM »
it took a nose dive.......this loose zero problem

Can you be more specific as i am not sure what you mean.

Are you using steppers or servo's?

RICH

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 07:23:00 PM »
I have a Romaxx with steppers.  I am assuming that when the machine took the plunge it skipped steps but I don't know how to recover from that and why it dove in the first place.   When I try to start over I re-zero all axis and have reloaded programs that have been fine before but there seems to be a disconnect between actual zero and where the machine want's to go.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 02:39:59 AM »
Can you attach the code and also your xml file, you will find the latter in the main Mach3 folder and it will be called Mach3Mill.xml if you use the standard mill profile, if you use a custom profile it will have the name of the custom profile. You will need to rename the xml before you can attach it to the forum so copy it to your desktop and then change the name to stiffelt.xml

Hood
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 04:38:18 PM »
Thanks for the help, I wasn't able to work on the machine yesterday.  Here are the files.  The xml is from the machine builder and is configured for the machine.  After multiple attempts at reloading it the machine seems to know where it is again.  I would still like to learn the cause of the crash and how to recover.  When doing the finish pass it started at the bottom missing the bottom wing tips.  When it reached about mid way it went back to clean up the wings.  The crash occured when it went back to the middle to continue.  It just kept going down.
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 05:04:21 PM »
Hi
have been running mach 3 turn for 9 months with great success
have just finished converting an X3 mill and is now working ok
but am finding it a bit difficult compared with the lathe
I will only post one problem at time
1st one is I cannot get my programme to change tools
 I am at the moment writing my own g code
I have set all  my tool offsets into the table and am using G59 as my work offset 3 of the tools are in 7-8 and 9
when I call the tool in my programme by entering
G59  G43 H7
the dro with tool No doesn't change and the program uses the tool that was set up in the tool offset page
I must have done something wrong if anyone can help please
Colin

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 05:08:02 PM »
Hi
have been running mach 3 turn for 9 months with great success
have just finished converting an X3 mill and is now working ok
but am finding it a bit difficult compared with the lathe
I will only post one problem at time
1st one is I cannot get my programme to change tools
 I am at the moment writing my own g code
I have set all  my tool offsets into the table and am using G59 as my work offset 3 of the tools are in 7-8 and 9
when I call the tool in my programme by entering
G59  G43 H7
the dro with tool No doesn't change and the program uses the tool that was set up in the tool offset page
I must have done something wrong if anyone can help please
Colin

Probably best to start your own thread, especially as the subject of this one and your problem are different. However to change a tool you call M6T2 (for tool 2 ) The G43 Is to call the height offset.

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 05:11:44 PM »
Thanks for the help, I wasn't able to work on the machine yesterday.  Here are the files.  The xml is from the machine builder and is configured for the machine.  After multiple attempts at reloading it the machine seems to know where it is again.  I would still like to learn the cause of the crash and how to recover.  When doing the finish pass it started at the bottom missing the bottom wing tips.  When it reached about mid way it went back to clean up the wings.  The crash occured when it went back to the middle to continue.  It just kept going down.

Probably not going to find an issue if the xml you have attached is not the one that was  giving you issues. If the problem happens again copy and save the xml to your desktop and post it to the forum, then you can load the machine builders original again to hopefully get you up and running. Being able to compare the original and the problematic one should hopefully make  finding the problem easy (notice I said hopefully ;D )

Hood
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 05:29:48 PM »
I've been using the same xml file all along but have re-loaded it for lack of any better ideas. 

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2010, 05:33:20 PM »
Yes, thats what I mean, each time you close Mach it writes to the xml and updates it if any changes have happened. So although the xml may still have the same name it could be radically different.
If the problem happens again shut Mach down, copy the xml and then attach it here and we can see if we can find the problem :)
Hood