Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:31:28 AM

Author Topic: MPG Interfacing problems  (Read 3396 times)

MPG Interfacing problems
« on: May 14, 2010, 02:14:46 PM »
This is my first post on the Forum so I hope this topic is in the right place.

I have been having problems getting my PC to initialise a second parallel port which I am using to drive my MPG via a CNC4PC C22 board.
The board works fine when I manage to get the the port to be recognised by Mach3 but its is very temperamental.

I have tried several PCI cards from from different suppliers including the SIIG JJ-P00112-S6 which others recommended but still no luck when the machine boots.

After spending several evenings trying everything, I stumbled across a way to reliably get it to work.
This involves pressing the Reset and then going to "config, port & pins, "deselecting the" enable pins 2-9 as inputs" checkbox and applying the change.
Exit the config menu. Press Reset again and go back to the Ports & Pins menu and re-enable the "enable pins 2-9 as inputs" and apply the change.
From then on the port works fine including if you close and restart Mach3.

As soon as I reboot the machine I have to do the whole thing over to get the port back.

Does anyone have any idea on how I might fix this, or, worse case, a work around.

I hope this made sense and someone has some ideas.

Cheers
John

Re: MPG Interfacing problems
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 06:37:58 PM »
I am having the same problem with port 2 pins 2-9 as inputs, 

If anyone has any suggestions please send them this way.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 02:57:25 AM »
Can you attach your xml please, there may be a config issue.
Hood
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 07:46:37 AM »
i think i have fixed the problem, i will know for sure tonight,  i changed the port driver to one suggested in another post.

- Bochek

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 08:05:06 AM »
Yes that could well be it fixed, I talked with Scott earlier and he mentioned that Brian had indicated it was in the driver so updating Mach should help.

Hood