Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:37:25 AM

Author Topic: Setting up a PCi Parallel card to work with Mach 3  (Read 19416 times)

Setting up a PCi Parallel card to work with Mach 3
« on: May 12, 2010, 11:51:49 AM »
Hi Guys,

I'm just about to see how long my computer can tread water in the pool after trying my third PCI parallel port card!!!

My Story,
I have a CNC router with a Parallel port breakout board (Ocean Controls KTB 205), and want to talk to it with my Dell Desktop via Mach3.
Problem is the Dell only has USB ports (running XP home) I have tried purchasing a new computer with a legacy LPT port but they are no longer made
I have tried installing three different PCI parallel port Boards, and although they install OK, the port number is LPT3, and the 'resources" start at DCE7-something, and I cannot reset the cards Port number ( Change option ghosted out) or change to the Legarcy address of Ox378 as needed by Mach 3.
In the Installation guide for one board it tells me legacy re mapping is not possible with XP
I notice Mach 3 will allow changes to the port address  under "Ports and Pins", but prefixes everything with Ox, entering DCE7 ends up OxDCE7 and nothing works.

Help Please!!!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Setting up a PCi Parallel card to work with Mach 3
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 06:42:15 AM »
It is probably best if you only post your question once.

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,14910.0.html

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 08:45:25 PM »
Thanks Tweakie,

I now have communications with my router, to the point that I can see my limit switches.

I still have a problem with noise tripping my emergency stop. Ocean Controls has suggested some filter caps on the inputs, and I will try that today.

I very much appreciate the help, and apologise for the double posting, but I wasn't sure if the first one had gone thru.

Regards

Artlines

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 02:00:51 AM »
No worries.  ;D

Glad you got the problem sorted. Looking forward to seeing some pics of the things you make with your new machine.

Tweakie.
PEACE