Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:37:24 AM

Author Topic: Soft limits warning  (Read 21024 times)

Re: Soft limits warning
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2011, 10:22:52 PM »
Do you mean if I used a tool that was too long, or a z clearance that was to much, or material that was too thick? Wouldn't that be the case with any way you set it up? I say this because the program runs fine the way it is setup and programmed, everything works, I was just getting that warning. I think I have it fixed, I received an updated version of the mach3.exe and it seems to have taken care of the problem, ran two programs and no warning message. Thanks for the help.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2011, 05:24:15 AM »
That would explain why I never saw the warning as I was using the latest IC version to test.
Hood

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2011, 10:18:30 AM »
I ran the Gcode in Mach3 and never saw the warning UNLESS I moved into the controlled zone. IF I Refhome the machine then offset the work coords to where they should have been it ran fine.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2011, 12:11:19 PM »
Well thanks for your time and assistance. I've been running the machine this morning and everything is working as it should.

My next endeavor will be editing my tool touch off script so that it touches off twice and compares the numbers against a tolerance value I can set; if it's over the set value than its stops and I get a message informing me of the discrepancy. I'm hoping it's been done before and I can find some code to work off of, I have no idea where to start.