Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 08:16:18 PM

Author Topic: Upgrading Mach.  (Read 4088 times)

Upgrading Mach.
« on: October 10, 2006, 11:51:02 AM »
When you upgrade mach to a newer verison do you half to reset all your settings?   

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Upgrading Mach.
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 12:05:35 PM »
Hello,
    I'm not sure what all you have to reset. I think it depends on what version you have and what version your upgrading to. I'm pretty sure if you go from Mach2 to Mach3 you have to reset everything. I think if you are going from an older Mach3 to a newer Mach3 all you have to do is save your xml files to the new one. Please don't take my word for it though. Some of the guys with more knowledge will let you know.
    Have you tried doing a search on this?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Hood

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 12:39:29 PM »
Yes Brett has it right when going from Mach2 to 3 but if just upgrading from earlier to later  versions of Mach3 then you dont need to worry about anything.
  It is however a good idea to keep a backup of the .xml file on a seperate drive or even a CD as it is this file that contains all of your settings. If anything goes wrong, whether during an upgrade or just in general, you can have all your settings back by simply  pasting  your .xml into the mach folder.
 One final note is if you keep a backup on CD then if you ever paste it in to the Mach folder to recover your settings you will need to go into the properties of the .xml and change it so that it is NOT a read only file.
Hood
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 12:49:25 PM »
Thanks for the quick response guys.  I am upgrading from a older mach3 to a newer mach3.  Hopefully i do not run into any issues.  The only thing i can think of i might run into is i changed my hotkeys around.  Hopefuly that transfer over.  I think there is a second file i should backup.  The one that has the mach3 hotkets on it.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 12:56:47 PM »
Those should be in your screen set. The default is 1024 for a mill.(I think)
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Hood

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 01:27:33 PM »
If you are talking about the button hotkeys then yes they are in the screenset as Brett says. However if you are talking about the system hotkeys, things like arrow keys for axis jog etc then they are stored in the .xml.
 If you use a custom screenset, like I do, you still dont need to worry as Mach will not overwrite it and when you open the new version of Mach it will look at your xml and load the screen that you last used.
Hood