Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 05:53:34 PM

Author Topic: VB, Breakout board and other questions  (Read 2104 times)

VB, Breakout board and other questions
« on: April 30, 2010, 04:41:26 AM »

Dear all,

I am new at this forum, and the reason I am writing is that I am trying to develope my own CNC machine (Plasma) and, after downloading mach 3 demo version, I have some questions about its way of working and the most interesting hardware components to install.

1)  I have been reading some mach 3 programmer manual and I really don't know if programmed macros and functions can be runing at the same time that Code G is being executed. This is... can I configure some functions to work parallely to code G (like a PLC)? How can get this? Do i have to install a PLC or mach 3 is enough for this (loading some libraries)?.

2)  This question is about hardware. I am trying to work with four axis motored by AC servos and I have seen a lot of links with breakout board suppliers, so I don't know which option to take, I would appreciate your help in order to recommend the more optimal breakout board for the project.

3) Also, any recommendation for AC servo suppliers?

Thanks for your time, once I have all this information I will be ready to start the project.

Best regards,

Agustin.