Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:25:09 AM

Author Topic: License not effective  (Read 10414 times)

License not effective
« on: April 29, 2010, 12:27:45 PM »
I'm (intending to be) a new user of the NFS Wizards. I purchased the license last night and received the WizLic.dat file more or less immediately.
      Unhappily, It's not working for me.  I copied the file into the C:\PCNC1100 folder on my Tormach mill (transferred via thumb drive). It appears to work except that it loads an "unlicensed" message instead of G-code when I exit.  This mill has a Dell Vista system, and Tormach provides different screens, etc. and, apparently renames the Mach3 folder. The NFS Wizards package says it's version 2.72.
    I also tried it on my router table which has a standard Mach3 installation on an XP-Pro system, so the license file went into the C:\Mach3 folder, exactly as instructed.  This also doesn't work, same result; version 2.79 of the wizards.

Both systems are fully up and operational (not in offline, demo, etc.) and run other wizards fine.

Any help much appreciated.    -Dick
Re: License not effective
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 09:20:56 PM »
The latest version is 2.84 I believe it works fine with the Tormach folder structure. If it doesnt I will fix it until it does.

The latest version is here in this forum, you can download the .zip file and extract it into the Addons/Newfangled folder.

Be sure your license file is named exactly WizLic.dat and didnt get a .txt appended to it by the mail system. Note that windows explorer by default hides some file extensions. There is an option to show all fiile extensions.
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 09:16:49 AM »
Thanks Ron,
   OK, I also emailed Scott, and he suggested copying the .dat file again.  Did that, no improvement.  Note that I read mail on a Mac, but have had no trouble moving files via thumb-drive to my PC's which are not on the Internet (as a novice PC user, I'm very unsure about being savvy enough to avoid viruses, and the PC's serve only for CNC and associated programs).  Anyway, the Mac shows a nice graphic on the .dat file, but the Vista PC with the Tormach shows none.  The XP shows a different graphic.  No idea if any of that means anything. 
   NFS v284 comes up on the Tormach (from the menu), but is severely broken -- buttons do not respond, so unable to advance beyond first screen after opertion select.  DRO there can be edited. v272 appears to work somewhat, but after posting G-code (return to select screen), Preview button does not show G-code. On exit get "Unlicensed Wizard File" in place of G-code.
   On the router table with standard Mach3 and XP PC, v284 works (appears to work) to the point of generating plausible G-code visible in the Preview screen.  (This is same behavior as v279.)  But same "Unlicensed" delivered to Mach on exit from the Wizard.

Properties on the WizLic.dat file in the Tormach shows:
        C:\PCNC3, 201 Bytes, 4KB on disk, Attributes A, Owner Machine-Owner-PC, Computer Machine-Owner-PC

As before, any help much appreciated.    -Dick

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 10:01:07 PM »
There must be something wrong with the way you have copied the license.  I know nothing about Macs, so I have no idea hat it does when you save a file. The license file is a binary file, and if the MAc is somehow treating it as a txt file it could be getting screwed up.

The license file must be called WizLic.dat, it must be in the mach root directory- usually that is C:\Mach3 for Tormach I think it is C:\PCNC If a proper file is there  it works.

Does you Mach license work? It should show your name in the Help->About box
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 02:48:36 PM »
      Don't copy the folder into mach. Just the dat file . I just found this out.
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 09:20:57 AM »
I have just purchased a Mach3 add-ons license and have pasted the license as a dat file into the Mach3 root folder. I still cannot open the addons.exe file.

I have downloaded and printed the Mach3 Addons user manual version 2.75 but cannot access the programme. I have searched the Newfangledsolutions website which tells me that the addons are included with Mach3. I have downloaded and installed the latest Mach3, version  R3.042.040 but can find no route to the addons.

How can I access the Mach3 addons?
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 02:39:00 PM »
The addons are also called wizards. You can use the menu bar for wizards, then select the newfangled one form the list presented. There is also a button on the main screen labeled 'conversational' that directly opens the newfangled wizard.

there is no addon.exe file
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 04:52:36 PM »
Thank you, that solves my problem. I had not noticed the newfangled one in the wizards list.