Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:11:08 AM

Author Topic: Plugins unplugged... nothing shows up in the "Plugin Control" menu.  (Read 7833 times)

Offline FXC

•  45 45
    • View Profile
Trying to configure my newly acquired XBOX 360 controller, I went to the "Plugin Control" menu for the first time in my life. Surprisingly enough, nothing shows up under that menu, except for some "Video Window" entry (which doesn't work either due to a weird VideoOCX error.)

I went to the plugins folder and there are several DLL's in there, but again, in the menu there's only this Video Window thing. I tried registering those DLLs, I reinstalled Mach3, different location, new profile, etc. - I pretty much tried a lot of stuff, including all the plugin downloads off the Mach3 plugins webpage and none of them show up in the menu. Oh wait, actually the "3D video probing" plugin DOES show up after installing, with the same VideoOCX error though... and a nice "Art Error Code 9991" to top it off.

What gives?
Mach3 is a mess.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Plugins unplugged... nothing shows up in the "Plugin Control" menu.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 03:45:51 PM »
Did you restart Mach after you put the plugins in the folder? Double check the folder you are placing them in is actually in the folder that you are starting Mach from, what I mean by that is you may have two instances of Mach on your drive in different locations and you are placing them in the one that you are not using.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 04:01:32 PM »
Not sure if you have to ENABLE it under CONFIG/CONFIG PLUGINS first ? 
Then RESTART Mach and see if it's in PLUGIN CONTROL ?
Saw no mention in either of your posts where it was enabled....if it needs to be.
Just guessing. Tried to download the plugin and keep getting CORRUPTED, do it again....or such.

Offline FXC

•  45 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 04:44:07 PM »
@Hood: YES, to all the questions and suggestions. Nothing works, I'm pulling my hairs out!

@Overloaded: I had a teacher at the university who always said before exams that the right answer is usually the one that comes first to your mind. Very true. He also said that if an answer seems "too obvious", then just select it and go on. Don't try to over-analyze the problem, assuming that it's just a trick and that there's no way such an "obvious" question is even on test.

Looking at your post and the uncertainty sprinkled all over it - "not sure" / "just guessing" / "or such" etc. - I almost dismissed the whole thing. But then I did what you suggested and, sure enough, all the plugins are there and all I had to to is enable what I needed. Thanks for saving my hair, mate! I am now able to start and configure my plugin from within the Config > Config Plugins window. The "Plugin Control" menu is still empty but who cares.

Thanks again!
Mach3 is a mess.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 04:48:24 PM »
Ah Ok I was thinking it was the plugin list you were looking at and not seeing them, didnt read properly LOL. Some plugins will show under Plugin Control menu and others wont, the ones that dont you access via the config button in the list where you enable them from.

Hood
I have just installed the plug in that is on the Artsoft plugin list for the 360 controller and have done all else that I think should be done to make it work but it still does not work. when I go to the config plugins page in Mach3 and check the controller, I get the Artsoft error 99991. cant get passed this point.
Free1spinner

Offline FXC

•  45 45
    • View Profile
Try eliminating all other plugins by deleting or moving them to a temporary folder.

Exit Mach3, go to the plugins folder, e.g. C:\MACH3\Plugins or wherever you have it and move all DLL's except the XBOX360 one. Restart Mach3 and see if that helps.
Mach3 is a mess.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Did you install any drivers for the 360 controller? If so try deleting them.
Hood